Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Tue, February 8th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Whopper

Skip_1074 is on a distinguished road
Default Baptism Prayer Request...well deployment request too!

Greetings,

First off, I have say that I am truly blessed to be able to do business with a company, no matter how large or small, that while not directly promoting religion, gives us the opportunity to connect and pray for each other...So here it is:

I just wanted to pass on that my wife and I will be getting baptized on 13 Feb 2011 and I am asking for your prayers. While my wife attended church off and on while growing up, she was never baptized, and I never (under my own accord) attended church until joining the military (started attending April 2009). For me after several weeks of regular church, I placed my faith in Jesus Christ, but never got to the point of baptism. In December, my wife made her confession of faith in Christ, and we both decided to get baptized.

Anyways, I just ask for your prayers this week and weekend...well actually on going prayers even after this weekend. While I cannot disclose any details (even if I knew them...which I don't), I am scheduled to deploy this year into next year, and I just ask that your pray I may receive information about this soon, and be safe through the training/deployment process.

Thank you all who read this and offer your words. On a final note, since joining and hearing of Corey's troubles, there hasn't been a day that I haven't asked for the protection of the entire PHP family!

Again, thank you to all who read this and participate and bless you all.
"Stupid Plastic Snorkle Delete" (a.k.a. Gotts Mod)
Line-X bed & Highway Products "Silverback" toolbox
Old Tue, February 8th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your service, & prayers sent
Old Tue, February 8th, 2011, 11:07 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Thoughts and prayers sent.....
Best wishes
And
Good luck!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, February 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your kind words about the Prayer Request section of the website. Your description was perfect... we don't want to push religion (ours or anyone else's!) on anyone, but we thought it would be nice to give people the opportunity to ask for and receive prayers when needed. We really thought long and hard about the subtle Christian references on our website. Back then, we really needed every sale, and we weren't sure how many people would be offended. After much prayer, we decided to go ahead. We don't know how many people have chosen not to do business with PHP because of it, but there's not a week that goes by that we don't receive an e-mail or phone call from someone telling us that they are choosing our company over another because we are proud to share our Christian faith. We really do believe that all of our success -- personal and business -- is simply a matter of God's grace. Without Him, we would have nothing. Nobody else has to believe that, but we sincerely do.

How exciting for your and your wife! Everyone's journey of faith is different. In fact, Billy was actually baptized in 2000 at the same time as our (now) 11-year old.

We will certainly keep you and your family in our prayers before, during, and after your deployment. Our oldest son was deployed to Iraq a few years ago. Though he's left the military, he's still affected by his experiences overseas. Thank you so much for your service!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 9th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Sure had quite a bit to do with my purchase decision, but that's just me