Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 11:30 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough
Default DTC Code Help

My emmision system light came on today. My Gryphon is throwing the following code: P0020 - Intake Camshaft / Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 2).

Any ideas on what may be going on here. Had to replace a battery this week....not sure if it's relative or not.
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
My emmision system light came on today. My Gryphon is throwing the following code: P0020 - Intake Camshaft / Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 2).

Any ideas on what may be going on here. Had to replace a battery this week....not sure if it's relative or not.
Your altenator may be out the door also.....one of the diodes for the charging cycle in the altenator might be toast and can cause this code.....get the altenator tested

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Your altenator may be out the door also.....one of the diodes for the charging cycle in the altenator might be toast and can cause this code.....get the altenator tested
Okay sounds good. This is one of many things that have gone wrong recently. Might be trading the truck soon, so we'll see. Thanks for the reply.
Old Fri, December 2nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
Okay sounds good. This is one of many things that have gone wrong recently. Might be trading the truck soon, so we'll see. Thanks for the reply.
Its best to find a shop that can use a scope to test it while running....when the dioides start to go the voltage fluxuates and some of the know voltages for certatain sensors aren't there and trigger the codes....

Unfortunately remanned alternators have their diodes overlooked when being rebuilt...the best replacement is a new oem one.....

Old Mon, December 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Scientist

Hey 88, I noticed something weird today. Turned a corner, went light on the accelerator, and noticed a slight hesitation with the engine.....sort of "bogged" and then picked back up a few seconds later. Do you think this could be in any way relative to my emmisions light coming on, associated DTC code, etc???? I have plans to get it all checked out....just waiting to get freed up at work.
Old Mon, December 5th, 2011, 07:06 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Clean the maf and tb.....

Old Tue, December 6th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Clean the maf and tb.....
Actually, that is getting done with my 60k service. I know how to do it as well and will do it myself next time. How often and/or how many miles do you recommend in b/w tb and maf cleaning?
Old Tue, December 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I'm anal about it being every 15-20k when the fuel filter is changed.....

Old Tue, December 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Scientist

thanks
Old Tue, December 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Scientist

Just an update. Took my truck in today to get 60k service done....fuel filter, TB and MAF clean, tranny flush, etc. Even though I wasn't quite ready for the service, I took it in early to have the DTC code checked out....plus I had a screw in one of my tires.

Right before I walked in to drop off the key, I switched back to stock. When I did, it cleared the code....no more check engine light!!! Crazy. Good to go though.