Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, November 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Whopper Junior

stangblue93 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon custom files didn't download

Only had my Gryphon a couple of weeks, and LOVE it! Easy transaction when ordering at PHP. I have CAI and true dual exhaust and decided to get custom tunes. Easy to order tunes on PHP website, and received email from Cody in less than a week that my calibrations are ready!!
Unsuccessful at downloading calibrations from Pegasus Friday night. Really appreciate quick response from Cody via email about problem.
After opening Pegasus, I connect Gryphon to usb and follow all directions as directed. I get the process failed and unable to locate file by target and to contact administrator. I've double checked serial #'s and are matched. Also tried all recommendations on various threads.
Old Sun, November 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I suspect there is a serial number mismatch. I think if you contact Angela at PHP, and give her the Serial Number (S/N) you see at the bottom of the Pegasus window when the Gryphon is connected, she can get things straightened out. And, it's possible your tunes were written, but they just have not been uploaded to the Pegasus server yet. Bill does that task, and he can be delayed by other fires to put out.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, November 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

They ARE on Pegasus. I do the standard Gryphon Pegasus targets (for the tuning that I do).

Bill had to totally gut the "work computer" from which I remotely do the tuning and I've had this issue with the three customers' standard Gryphon files that I've done since. I fear something isn't right at the moment and I'm on a self-induced "Pegasus holding pattern" until it's resolved.

Bill is aware of the issue and there's no reason to continue this thread with questions because there's not a soul here who can help. Bill is the person who has to fix this.
Old Sun, November 18th, 2012, 05:07 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sorry, Cleatus, I didn't know you were getting into the "uploading" business now.

Regardless, I'm sure things will get straightened out. Try to be patient, Stangblue.

- Jack
Old Sun, November 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Whopper Junior

stangblue93 is on a distinguished road

I'm not going anywhere. I support PHP and have many friends with f150's wanting to make mods to thier trucks. Thanks for all the input
Old Mon, November 19th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Whopper

Boomlag7 is on a distinguished road
Default having similar problems

I received an email from Cody on Sunday 11/18 indicating my custom tunes were ready and to download Pegasus , when I did the only the disconnected box appears along with a S/N serial number that does not match the one I had sent to PHP . as I continued to plug Gryphon to PC nothing changes or appears in box screen . I clicked on update menu and try to go to the " targeted functions " as instructed however that choice is not even listed !
I've been holding off trying to contact people by searching through all forums but I've been on this website for nearly 6 hours trying to find out what's the deal ? Hopefully I can get this done because my truck is sitting outside disabled . gonna leave Cody an email along with Angela via email because I understand they are closed on Mondays' . any suggestions would be great .....
Old Mon, November 19th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlag7 View Post
I received an email from Cody on Sunday 11/18 indicating my custom tunes were ready and to download Pegasus , when I did the only the disconnected box appears along with a S/N serial number that does not match the one I had sent to PHP . as I continued to plug Gryphon to PC nothing changes or appears in box screen . I clicked on update menu and try to go to the " targeted functions " as instructed however that choice is not even listed !
I've been holding off trying to contact people by searching through all forums but I've been on this website for nearly 6 hours trying to find out what's the deal ? Hopefully I can get this done because my truck is sitting outside disabled . gonna leave Cody an email along with Angela via email because I understand they are closed on Mondays' . any suggestions would be great .....
Advice now would be to wait. I think you might have a different problem than the OP.
Old Mon, November 19th, 2012, 07:16 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlag7 View Post
I received an email from Cody on Sunday 11/18 indicating my custom tunes were ready and to download Pegasus , when I did the only the disconnected box appears along with a S/N serial number that does not match the one I had sent to PHP .
Your order form indicated that your device S/N is 7011. That is the S/N used for the Pegasus target. What is the device S/N?

If that IS the problem then this comment fits:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
I think you might have a different problem than the OP.
Old Mon, November 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Whopper

That is correct S/N on device that reads from the gryphon display is 7011
Old Mon, November 19th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Whopper

At the bottom screen only : DISCONNECTED ___2K/ NT/ XP ___ HD s/n E24B9178 appear !..( other boxes are blank ) what I understand is that my s/n # 7011 should appear correct ?
I've also had another window tell me that while trying to fill out the personal info " Gryphon device is not connected when clearly it is .( it does light up the gryphon in red but all blank ! )
I've been holding off trying to contact people by searching through all forums but this has been a little testing on me , gotta be at work soon , sorry if this is not proper way to post