Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, January 24th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Whopper Junior

Larry Hinkle is on a distinguished road
Default I'm new

i have a dumb question. i purchased a Edge programmer for my 1999 F-150 with a 5.4L engine thought that i would get better mpg not happening. Can a upgrade Gryphon help What does a Gryphon do? Do i download a program to my edge programmer or do i have to send it some where??
Old Sat, January 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hinkle View Post
i have a dumb question. i purchased a Edge programmer for my 1999 F-150 with a 5.4L engine thought that i would get better mpg not happening. Can a upgrade Gryphon help What does a Gryphon do? Do i download a program to my edge programmer or do i have to send it some where??
Everyone's new at one point or another, so your question's not dumb.

I'm a little surprised you haven't seen some improvement with the Edge, but fuel economy is subject to a lot of factors and there are no guarantees. That goes for upgrading to a Gryphon too. No guarantees - but, Bill will give you tunes that should maximize the potential of YOUR truck and driving conditions rather than just giving you something that should be better for the majority of drivers. See this post: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...read.php?t=288

Having PHP upgrade your Edge to a Gryphon allows Bill to custom tune it.

To upgrade, you send your Edge and the OBDII cable to PHP. They upgrade the firmware, recase it and send it back. Prices and instructions are shown here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...p/Upgrade.html You can get one, two or three "custom" tunes, depending on your needs. When I did it, I started with only one custom tune.

The custom tune itself, once it's ready is downloaded from their server using a program you will put on your PC called "Pegasus". Then, Pegasus installs the tune on your Gryphon and you can reprogram your vehicle's PCM.

You should really talk to Bill or Corey about this and let them give you a feel for what they can and can't do for you. They'll be very honest and upfront, so you don't have to be afraid to call. They'd rather NOT sell anything to you than sell you something you don't need.

Hope this is helpful. Those of us with custom tunes would never go back.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, January 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Old Sat, January 24th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Whopper Junior

Larry Hinkle is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call
Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Looking forward to hearing from you, Larry.

(Thanks for the awesome reply, Jack!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Whopper

lumpyf150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
You can get one, two or three "custom" tunes, depending on your needs. When I did it, I started with only one custom tune.
Which tune did you get to start? Was thinking about starting with 87 Performance so that I'd have:
1. Custom 87 Performance
2. Stock 87 Tow
3. Stock 93 Performance
Recommendations for doing something different? Thanks.
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

That's actually our most common setup, lumpy.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019