Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
AAA Rib Steak

Chris74 is on a distinguished road

Okay will do........Bill did you get my email about me having that lean miss back again? I made an error in judgement and got greedy thinking we could cheat a little more on the lean side.........but not gonna work pal. We gotta get rich again
It's hard to believe an adjustment that minor can produce such a noticeable increase in power and fuel economy.......too bad the engine didn't like it
Custom tunes
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Yep... working on it tomorrow and will get it resolved.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
AAA Rib Steak

Chris74 is on a distinguished road

Cool.......my apologies again for the mistake!
Custom tunes
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Double Whopper

Dfishrmn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Chris,

Change one of your display PIDs to "GEAR". This will display the current gear and also indicate if the converter is locked or unlocked by a little "lock" symbol on the display. This will help you determine if the problem is downshifting or converter unlocking.

Once the problem is identified, we can modify the offending parameters to resolve the issues.

Take care.
I have noticed on my PID the only gear I get the "lock" symbol is in 4th. None of the others show it no matter what speed or load. Is this normal?
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfishrmn View Post
I have noticed on my PID the only gear I get the "lock" symbol is in 4th. None of the others show it no matter what speed or load. Is this normal?
well after reading this and trying to think about mine...I can only remember seeing it in 4th but I could be wrong but I am sure someone will have the answer.
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
well after reading this and trying to think about mine...I can only remember seeing it in 4th but I could be wrong but I am sure someone will have the answer.
If you take your truck out of overdrive (OD), and are running at a constant speed, you should see 3rd gear lock as well. At least that what it does on my 2007 4.6

Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sburn View Post
If you take your truck out of overdrive (OD), and are running at a constant speed, you should see 3rd gear lock as well. At least that what it does on my 2007 4.6
I generally have OD off, but with that being said I may just have missed it while looking at the display, plus I haven't clocked too many miles since ive had it so. But I definitely would have thought it would lock in 3rd.
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I haven't tried this either, but I think it should lock in 3rd with OD off, or in 2nd or 1st if you put the shifter in one of those two slots. To keep it locked though, you have to have a pretty constant throttle deflection. Increasing it or letting up on it is going to unlock it.

- Jack
Old Tue, February 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Double Whopper

Dfishrmn is on a distinguished road

I had something happen today I hadn't noticed before. I was experimenting and advanced shift firmness to 5,8, and 8. After this all was smooth until I went up a small rise. The gear PID showed the TC stayed locked until I came over the top to a slight decline, then it jumped in and out of lock a few times until it settled down. This happened again a couple of other times even after I set the firmness back down. I had the cruise set at 65mph and when I increased it a couple of mph it seemed to help. Would changing the TC lock or unlock points correct this or do I just need to pay attention to the cruise setting.
Old Tue, February 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I don't think it has anything to do with shift firmness, Dfish. I bet it's because you had the cruise control set, which lets up on the throttle as you start down the incline. If the converter is locked and you release the throttle, it will unlock and, Bill explained that was a feature Ford put in to increase your fuel economy. (The engine/transmission doesn't drag in coast). Now, I'm guessing that the small decline wasn't really enough to keep the throttle at the "let off" point that caused the unlock, so, it locked back up again. But that wasn't stable either, so it unlocked/locked....

Possibly, if you reduced the lock and unlock speeds for each upshift/downshift, it might "tame" this behavior a bit.

- Jack