Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, May 9th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road
Default New to Me Tow Ride

Hi there guys. I wasn't sure of i should goto the Ford Forum and ask this but i hope you Diesel guys know.

I just got a 06 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6.0 and i was towing my boat today. 08 Moomba LSV apx 5K and i was realy expecting better mileage on the highway. I drove about 200 miles and only averaged 12.4.

Is this normal? I was expecting like 16. Everyone has been telling me id be getting 18.

Everything on the truck is working fine. Boost was around 12 driving and hit 24 when i punched it.

Is there a Diesel tune up?

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel
Old Sun, May 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

For a stock 6.0 that is pretty decent.

Get her breathing better (exhaust+intake), some decent programming (PHP), and it should pick up considerably.

How fast were you going?
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 04:09 AM
who knows ??

Georgia Diesel is on a distinguished road

i can average 18 all day long empty if i drive it right..i have a 22 foot stingray cuddy cabin and with it hooked behind me i do really good to get 12. im not much over 5k trailer weight either...sounds fairly normal
crew cab 4-wheel drive 03 f-250 6 uh oleaker.4 inch staight pipe..12 years of being a diesel tech..i love helping others..feel free to call with any concerns..706-244-4955 got the truck put back to factory tuning the day she rolled of the factory line, TEC3..ficm,tcm,ecm...php is the best
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
For a stock 6.0 that is pretty decent.

Get her breathing better (exhaust+intake), some decent programming (PHP), and it should pick up considerably.

How fast were you going?
OK ill have to look into that. A buddy just got his exhaust done and it was like 300 i think. Hes got a Chevy though.

I will have to look into the programmers but wife is not going to be happy if i keep spending money lol. Ita boating season and i have to make sure i keep the truck, boat, and beer cooler full LOL.

Any recommendations on what i need for the exhaust? I hear people run with no mufflers? Do i just need a bigger pipe? 4inch? What types of Intakes should i be looking at?

New to Diesels so im a complete green horn here. I know Gas engines LOL.

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel