Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 12:51 PM
who knows ??

Georgia Diesel is on a distinguished road
Clap FICM REPROGRAMMING

Well fellow hot rodders and for those just looking for better performance..I have been doing some very intense testing on different ficm strats..I have tried different ficms on alot of different ecm tunes as well as stock tunes..Now, i know with out a doubt that i have some injectors issues as bill can verify this for whoever wants to know..I am running a early 03 ecm and tcm strat on my truck a tec2 if any wants to know.. Bill recently put a hybrid strat in my ficm with a very mild bit of inductive heating,,,not much just a bit...and all i can say is WOW Bill really hit the nail on the head with this one..After all is done with TS and we get more time we gonna try it on some later ecm strats as this is what most of the people with 6liters are running...Trucks with tec2 strats are very far and few between but it is working great on ol big red. 54 degrees this am fired the truck off waited just long enough for oil pressure to build and hit the road,,i talking smoke blowing tires screaming hit the road, and did not have the first skip or pop or miss or anything...Normally i had to wait for oil temp to get to operating temp before she would settle down and quiet talking back to me.....i talking some sure enough bad spool valve issues on my sticks....Just wanted to put this on here for those that are considering getting you FICM done....Now i understand different trucks will react different to this type of tunning but this hybrid strategy in my truck as cleared up any and all issues that i had..and it got me away from having to run all that hard core inductive heating that has been killing these ficm's....Awesome job on this one bill.
crew cab 4-wheel drive 03 f-250 6 uh oleaker.4 inch staight pipe..12 years of being a diesel tech..i love helping others..feel free to call with any concerns..706-244-4955 got the truck put back to factory tuning the day she rolled of the factory line, TEC3..ficm,tcm,ecm...php is the best
Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 02:34 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

GD,

Thanks for being a test bed for this stuff! Because of your help, we'll all be benefiting.

Do you know if Bill had you testing the FICM strategy w/ hybrid IH that he has been using for a while, or is it newly tweaked in some way?

Glad you got to see first hand that it does make a difference for some trucks! For me, the difference between IH working or not isn't just sputtering for a few minutes, its literally a truck that won't get out of its own way and do over ~20mph with the go pedal floored until it warms up a bit.

thanks for the heads up!
Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback
Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM
who knows ??

i have been testing alot of bills stuff for some time now...i do know that IH makes a HUGE difference..i have atleast 4 bad injectors. i was running the original 03 ficm programming with zero IH. it sounded as if it was gonna come apart for the first 5 minutes i started it, weather it was 30 outside or 90 outside...It would not run at all till the oil got to operating temps...I understand the problems with these trucks..The strategy i have is a current hrybrid with a very mild IH startegy in it...it works awesome on my truck but i have a very early ecm strategy a tec2...it works great with..zero idle time just crank it and go....but like i said in earlier post,custom tuning will react different to all trucks...what may work great on mine may not work as great on other trucks...it one of those things you just have to see for yourself.
crew cab 4-wheel drive 03 f-250 6 uh oleaker.4 inch staight pipe..12 years of being a diesel tech..i love helping others..feel free to call with any concerns..706-244-4955 got the truck put back to factory tuning the day she rolled of the factory line, TEC3..ficm,tcm,ecm...php is the best
Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Whopper

DoneDunIt is on a distinguished road

GD was wondering if you had an AUTO or 6 Speed. Bill did my FICM about 3 weeks ago and have to say it is great.

Was also wanting to find out what "but i have a very early ecm strategy a tec2" is about. My '03 was a late '03 build think it was an April '03 motor. My strategy is VXAP1 before and after Bill did the FICM.
Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 09:46 PM
who knows ??

the early strategy i talk about is VXAM7N3 TQASON5 this is the strategy that my truck would have had when it was new... and it is a automatic
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Diesel Tech

RoyBoy is on a distinguished road

So any word on when there will be updates available for those of us patiently waiting with crummy cold-starting trucks?

2004 F350 6.0 6spd lots of mods