Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Double Whopper

Bob is on a distinguished road
Help Where do I start (high EGT)

I have a 06 6.0L. It has had what I believe to be the latest flash. AFE intake, Banks technicooler inter cooler kit, Depaco 70 horse injectors, MBRP 4" exhast w/ 3.5" down pipe and an Edge Evolution. It seem to run good, but has some of the issues I have read about in the forum ie. rough idle untill warms up, poor fuel mileage, no low end power. And all these seem to come and go randomly, but my biggest problem is high egt. It takes nothing to get to that 1300 mark or higher. Sound like some reprogramming would help, but would the egr delete be something I should do first? I just dont know what to do or in what order.
Old Tue, October 5th, 2010, 02:45 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Head Studs and EGR delete would be the first thing on my list.

Also sounds like you have an injector or three going out. You might give that Rev-X stuff a try, most have good results using it as long as the injectors are not to far gone.
Old Tue, October 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Double Whopper

Thanks for the input. Would the stud kit help prevent the inevitable head gasket issue? The injuctors are new about 10k miles ago. I had them put in when the original FICM went bad and took 3 factory injectors out. I wonder if the new FICM(ford replacement) is going bad already. Thanks again.
Old Tue, October 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM
BROKE

Head studs and an EGR delete together will help your head gaskets live longer on a tuned truck.
Old Tue, October 5th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Whopper

andrew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where do I start (high EGT)

Egr for sure studs are a good bet but them injectors need some attention for sure.
Old Tue, October 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Double Whopper

I am conviced, getting the egr delete as soon as possible. Studs will come soon after. $$$ don't grow on trees at my house. Also got the evolution on its way to Bill. And some rev X on the way. Hope this is a good start. Do any of you know how hard the EGR delete is to complete on an 06? Should I have a shop do it?
Old Wed, October 6th, 2010, 01:40 AM
BROKE

They are FUN!

If you have a good set of tools and ALOT of patience, then it should be no problem for you to do.

If you plan on deleting the cooler entirely make sure you have a new set of intake gaskets and a turbo o-ring kit before you start.
Old Wed, October 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Double Whopper

Thanks Dave. I have buit my own small block gas motor before, but when I open the hood on this thing it is intimidating. Too much electronic stuff. I am leaning toward the shop. I will keep you posted as things happen.
Old Thu, October 7th, 2010, 01:19 AM
BROKE

Just look at in small sections, and try to forget the big picture for a moment.

If you pick away at one thing at a time it starts getting easier, much more room to work with, and less stuff in the way.

Once you get the majority of the stuff out of the way it really isn't that hard.

Either way you are on the right track.