Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Mon, November 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Whopper

fishmanwill is on a distinguished road
Default FICM reprogramming will it help my truck.?

Hello everyone I am new here and looking at getting some work done on my F-350.

I was researching and reading up on tuning the FICM and turning back the ECM and was wondering if it would be good for my truck. I have a 2004 F-350 crew cab, 4x4, 6.0L, automatic, and 3.73LS rear end. I drive my truck on a daily basis about 50 miles to and from work and would like to get the best mpg that I can get. Right now I can get 14 to 15 mpg. The 50 mile trip each day is about 30% city and the rest country highway at 60mph. I keep the truck under 2000 rpm when driving and I am easy on the pedal when starting and easy on the brake when stopping. Also on my truck I have a straight exhuast, sythnethic oil, and I maintain it regularly and I also have 295 tires which are a little bigger then stock. Will tuning the FICM and rolling back the ECM be beneficial to my truck? I would like to really improve the mpg that I currently get. I am not sure what tune is on my truck right now, but it was at the dealership about 2 years ago and was retuned and right now it has the injector buzz after I turn the truck off for about 30 seconds. What other information would you need to determine the benefits to my truck? I have read that tuning the FICM is capable of doing it remotely by you guys sending a programmer, but how does the ECM work, is it remote also or do I have to send that in? Thank you for the help.

William
Old Fri, November 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road

It should improve your mileage doing both. I was right around that area with my 03 auto and it bumped it up to nearly 17mpg. Bill can remotely do both the ecm and ficm.
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Double Whopper

ssredrino is on a distinguished road
Default it will definaly help

trust me just order a new gryphon then you own it and pay bill 4 the programming it would be the quickest

an 04 original rollback ??? this will depend on your build date and the sticker number on your pcm

ficm = AMZ2AL09.PHF

trans = TQBD1N6.PHF <--- includes the original tow haul that came factory>

pcm = VXBC1NZ.PHF <--- includes pilot injection as came with factory>

all these files can be downloaded at DSFM File Download and the files do you no good because you need BILL the master

but bill has them on his server and runs your computer with remote desktop and programs the gryphon in different modes to program your trucks different modules

please read Go Back Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
my story and my questions (for people that need more info)