Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 05:40 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA6002 View Post
Why do I get the feeling of being ignored with the problems I have had with this upgrade, and that I payed for something that has caused more harm/money down the road than good?
You haven't been ignored, it's just with the everything that has been going on this year and the amount of time we've been out of the office, I just haven't been on the forum very much lately and simply haven't been following many of the threads. When I manage to actually get some time on here, I can only get through maybe 2 or 3 pages of posts so I'm sure there's a bit of stuff I've missed at the moment. The Moderators do a pretty good job of bringing stuff to my attention and we're doing everything we can to make sure everyone's concerns are getting addressed.

Now... to save retyping everything, please see the thread below.

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/2003-...when-cold.html

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, May 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Whopper Junior

Farragher is on a distinguished road
Default rough running

I'd like to add my experience to this thread in the hopes of finding a solution. I had my FICM re-flashed to "stock" about 4 months ago or so, and just recently got my truck back on the road after dealing with a number of additional issues and projects. I run a stock truck with out a tuner. The only mod areas are a PCV reroute to a filter and back, an EGR delete, and a K&N filter and intake tube. I am clearly experiencing the same issue a number of customers have, relating to cold running. The one thing my truck does that I haven't seen posted about, is it will not move until it is warm. By warm I mean almost to full operating temperature. if I plug it in it is quicker to warm up, and smooth out, but it still needs to be warm to drive. By the way, I have owned this truck since March of '04, when I purchased it new, and have always warmed it up, but it is now excessive. I've seen mention of a new program or flash, but can't get a response on email, and just get the recording when I call. I'm in a bit of a bind as I need to leave for a 2,000 mile road trip on the 20th, and don't want to hit the road with a sick truck. I've got to tow a vehicle back from Memphis, and being stuck on the road wouldn't be good.
Old Tue, May 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Based on your post, a simple FICM calibration doesn't look like it's going to fix your problem, Farragher. It appears that you have some other mechanical issues, and those need to be dealt with first. In addition, I would check your FICM and see what kind of voltage it's putting out. That may have to be repaired, as well.

As for you getting the message when you call, our phone hours are posted on the website; if you call outside of those hours, the phone attendant will pick up when you call.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Whopper Junior

Farragher is on a distinguished road
Default rough running

Update: I did go dig deeper, which I had hoped to avoid, and replaced all of the injectors, and the entire engine wiring harness. Also, cleaned the MAP sensor, replaced the engine coolant sensor, and cleaned the IAT sensor which was just a glob when I removed it. Previously, I had removed the EGR loop and the EGR, but reinstalled the EGR and plugged it in. Last weekend I drove the truck to Memphis and back, and it performed flawlessly. I think better than it had ever run. During the trip out, I got 13 mpg. Not by the lie-o-meter, but doing the math. That is a benchmark for this truck. It weighs just under 10K, and has 4:10s. The long and the short of it is the re-flash was not causing my rough running cold. Oh yeah, I can actually start and drive the truck before it warms up now. Thanks for a great product, and for getting me off my duff to do what needed to be done. it really is a pain in the *** to work on these things.