Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, May 6th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road
Question Ficm reprogramming ?

I got the gryphon in the mail yesterday to reprogram the ficm. I put the 03-04 IH setting on first. Went out this morning to start it, at about 50* and it coughed over and was shaking and knocking terribly bad. Let it run for a minute or two and it didnt settle out. Not good since up here in wisconsin it gets alot colder than 50. So i shut the truck off, reprogrammed it to 05-07 IH and started her up. Ran like it usually does and i noticed the strategy is only a couple digits differen than the last one i had. I have an 03, and i would like to gain back the power and mileage that it had before reflash. My question is, why does it run rough with the 03-04, and can i get like a custom hybrid type? The truck is an absolute dog until it gets up to 185* Like i can hardly get over 25 mph until it is atleast over 110*

Thanks!!
Old Thu, May 6th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Bill called and spoke with Farmer11.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, May 6th, 2010, 06:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks, Corey! We won't go into "help" mode then (which would probably muck everything up anyway)!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, May 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Diesel Tech

RoyBoy is on a distinguished road

So do we have a solution for this problem yet? I'm up here in Wisconsin too, same problem... waiting patiently for an updated flash I think I'm gonna lose it soon... we're going RVing in a week and I DON'T want my truck to run like this at the park is there an update coming anytime soon? I know you guys are busy, but I am too, and I have to run my truck for a half hour just to be able to go somewhere...I'm a professional diesel tech with a truck that runs like ... its getting to be a pain... maybe I should go get a Ford reflash

Sorry I had to vent a little

2004 F350 6.0 6spd lots of mods
Old Fri, May 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

just out of curiosity, how may miles do you put on your trucks before doing an oil change? Aswell are you running factory oil filters or the aftermarket ones? Grade of oil aswell.

thank you.
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road

i change it religously at 5k. usually get my filters from the john deere dealership. I run 15w40 cenex oil. Except for in for one oil change during the cold months i run 10w30 to help starting.
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Diesel Tech

RoyBoy is on a distinguished road

I'm runnning 5-40 Schaeffers 9000 synthetic, and also recently added Rev-X additive to help with sticktion. I change around 5-6K and sample every time.

2004 F350 6.0 6spd lots of mods
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

i personally would never go beyond 5,000 mile oil changes. You start to get sticktion beyond that. For example my bro inlaw is anal and changes his oil on his 03 every 5,000km. The truck now has around 200,000 km, all original injectors (you know the ones that every body were paronoid that they were bad due to the clevis design.) He also does not have inductive heating calibration and his truck runs fine.

Aftermarket oil filters and fuel filters are crap. The oil filters are not designed properly and can either cause lack of oil flow, airation, dirt to bypass. The fuel filters also generally dont have the water seperating mesh and kill injectors, so just a heads up on filters.

From my experience sticktion is caused by either not changing your oil at proper intervals, or running crap oil filters that cause debri to bypass. Just like how on 5.4 3v's poor quality oil filters will cause the vairable cam timing phazers to fail, and can result in cam/head damage due to filter material break down plugging up oil orfices.
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoy View Post
So do we have a solution for this problem yet? I'm up here in Wisconsin too, same problem... waiting patiently for an updated flash I think I'm gonna lose it soon... we're going RVing in a week and I DON'T want my truck to run like this at the park is there an update coming anytime soon? I know you guys are busy, but I am too, and I have to run my truck for a half hour just to be able to go somewhere...I'm a professional diesel tech with a truck that runs like ... its getting to be a pain... maybe I should go get a Ford reflash

Sorry I had to vent a little
Roy,

Bill is flying to DC tomorrow and will not have new calibrations written before this weekend. I will send out a programmer tomorrow so that you can put your truck back to the calibration that you originally had; upon receipt of the programmer, I'll refund your $150. I'm sorry that this calibration didn't work for you. What I have gather throughout our many discussions is that one factor is that as the 6.0Ls are getting older, the stiction issue is becoming worse on the trucks. Another issue is that due to FICM failures, other mechanical parts become damaged, and unfortunately, a new FICM calibration is not going to help in that situation. One of our customers posted on PS.org that he put in a PHP programmed FICM, and his truck ran worse... as it turns out, some of his injectors needed to be replaced, and when that was finished, he was able to see all the benefits that our calibrations offer.

USPS will e-mail you a tracking number.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, May 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Whopper Junior

sbiggi is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue. I just flashed mine, sent the programmer back with out realizing I had a issue.

2003 F250

My truck now blows black smoke and stalls out on a cold start. If I can get it to move before it stalls it clears up after the truck warms up. Started after the reflash

-Seth