Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, May 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road
Default FICM mileage

I just got PHP FICM programing and all runs great, only thing is i didnt get anything for MPG. Im still getting the same 11MPG ive been getting. I had Innovatives ficm programing before and also didnt have any increase. What am i missing? I do have a SCT with one custom tune from ID its a mild street tune. Though i can put it into stock and still get no increase. Is there some tuning to the PCM or another tune that i can use? I do like the occasional stop light race so i dont want to go backwards in power if possible.

Also i was looking into PHP extreme tune and wondering how drivable this tune is? Does it lock each gear until 3K rpms or is it more drivable? Also is it 140hp over stock? Thanks
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Whopper Junior

legends13 is on a distinguished road

I second this. I had mine done back in January. I wanted to wait until the "winter fuel" was all used up to see if the MPG improved, but it hasn't. Any suggestions?

PS, there is nothing wrong with the FICM Programming, just wasn't what I expected I would see on the gains side...
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Whopper

Yeah the FICM works great, the mileage is the only downfall. I just want to see if there is something else that we need to check on our trucks that are killing mileage, like on gas motors if the O2 sensor or maf sensor, or spark plugs is bad your mileage drops. Is there something our trucks have that should be looked at.
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I think the people that see the increase in mpg are people who had the latest ford flashes with the I.H. strategy. They noticed the mpg go down when they were flashed, and wanted it back. If your truck was never flashed with a I.H. flash they you probably won't see a difference. Perhaps the PCM needs to be returned to an original program as well?

Mine were, and I noticed it went down, the PHP ficm brought it back to where it was originally.

That may not always be the case. IMHO 11 mpg is pretty poor for your truck, I doesn't look like you have much of a lift or larger tires in your picture. So i at a loss as to why it so poor.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Sat, May 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I think the people that see the increase in mpg are people who had the latest ford flashes with the I.H. strategy. They noticed the mpg go down when they were flashed, and wanted it back. If your truck was never flashed with a I.H. flash they you probably won't see a difference. Perhaps the PCM needs to be returned to an original program as well?

Mine were, and I noticed it went down, the PHP ficm brought it back to where it was originally.

That may not always be the case. IMHO 11 mpg is pretty poor for your truck, I doesn't look like you have much of a lift or larger tires in your picture. So i at a loss as to why it so poor.
Yeah my truck only has a level kit on it, and tires are just 33s. I use to see 17mpg back in the day, but that was before 3 trips to Ford so Im sure i lost some somewhere. Im waiting for a custom program to come back from you guys to download with my SCT, if im understanding right that is the PCM tune right? Hopefully that will bring it up.
Old Sat, May 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

What I meant with PCM programming was to return the truck to the Original ECM and TCM program files, to do that you would have to ship your PCM to Bill for reprogramming.

Now I'm not Bill nor do I share an ounce of his knowledge, so getting a SCT program from him may do the trick, I don't know. If it doesn’t you may want to try getting everything returned to the factory programming and then getting SCT programs for that Strategy. Though I can't imagine there is something in the origional programs that a tuner cannot correct with the SCT/Gryphon, to get the issue resolved.

Perhaps Bill will comment on this at some point.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Whopper

Yeah when i talked to him I did ask if the custom tunes on the SCT covers all the parameters on the ECM and he said yes if i understood him correctly, that when you put your tune on it should do the trick. Ill prob have my tune in monday or tuesday from him so i can check it out for sure. I appreciate all the help.
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

so how long have you been waiting for tunes from php?
Old Mon, May 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Whopper

I just sent out the request this past firday, so only couple days. You been waiting a while? They had my FICM back to me in 5 days.
Old Mon, May 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

over 2 months and still nothing.

sorry not tring to hi-jack, just was curious about the wait time others were experienceing.

A guy at work, whom i told about php ordered then same time as i. His chip/burner and tunes only took a couple weeks, but that was also for a 7.3 so perhaps that was the difference.