Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, August 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Whopper

jlo84truck is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about the FICM programing

Hello, I'm new to this form. I have a couple of questions about the FICM programing. My truck has the VXAP1 stratgy on it and was wondering if it would be ok to get the FICM programing from Bill and not have to go to ford for the newest flash first. I heard a couple of good things about the newest ford flash, but not really wanting to get it because my truck runs fine on the flash it has. I'm just looking for fuel economy gains. I tried emailing Power hungery performance a while back but haven't heard any thing back from them. Also does Bill's FICM programer program the whole truck (FICM, ECM, and TCM)to the new stradgy or just the FICM? Does he also make SCT tunes for the 6.0l (tow /100 hp)? Thanks, Justin
Old Sun, August 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The VXAP1 is good. The FICM can be programmed all by itself without any ECM/TCM modifications.

I would steer clear of the newest Ford flashes because most people see a HUGE reduction in low-end power and a 4-5 MPG DECREASE.

Bill writes custom calibrations for the SCT programmer as well.
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Whopper

cartmanea is on a distinguished road

I have VXAP1 and don't like it. I would do one of two things, either get the latest flash then FICM tuning, or do FICM tuning with a PCM rollback to the early strategies. The early strategies have the advantage of using the EBP sensor which VXAP1 eliminates. If it were me, I would get the latest Ford flash then FICM tuning to get the EGR and Turbo sweep updates.
Old Tue, September 7th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Whopper

whats so bad about the vxap1? I have the turbo sweep in my truck. at idle you can hear it sweeping the veins. the power running stock sucks. I was wondering if the FICM reprogram will bring my exhaust temps down a little. it seams like the temps jump up quicker than they should. does bill do pilot injection for the 6.0l? I'm hopeing for a mileage increase, right now I can get 20 mpg (lie o meter) on my truck running dual electric fans, instead of the clutch fan and when I hook a trailer up to it or a 18ft boat my mileage goes out the window. It seams like any kind of load on the truck the mileage drops to 10-15 mpg at 55 mph. does this sound like I need the programing or am I being to greedy for fuel economy? before I switch to electric fans I could baby the throttle and get 17-18 mpg at 55 mph and loaded with a trailer and three 18ft airboat hauls I would get 8-9 mpg. Will the programing clean up the exahust smell (no cat or EGR on the truck)? just smells like its not completely burning up the fuel. Thanks justin
Old Tue, September 7th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Whopper

cartmanea is on a distinguished road

If you're smelling unburnt fuel in the exhaust you could have some bad injectors.
Old Wed, September 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Whopper

I think that it might be in the programing, bc I've smelled it from other trucks with out cats. there is no visual smoke from the exhaust just the smell.