Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, October 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Whopper

PowerStrokeCAM is on a distinguished road
Default Finally saved the $ for my chip but a few questions first!

I have a 2000 F250 7.3 and i really want the switch on the fly, but have a problem ..... I sometime run Bio diesel on the truck. Sometimes 100% ,50% or 20% and the rest regular diesel. Is there any way to calibrate the chip to run under these different conditions???.if so what chip is recommended?
Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road

I have the fu chip and was told I can run bio. There's another member who does and has no problems. I sure to just don't use race tunes don't quote me on it. I'm in the process of making my own.
Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowers777 View Post
I have the fu chip and was told I can run bio. There's another member who does and has no problems. I sure to just don't use race tunes don't quote me on it. I'm in the process of making my own.

Did they ask you what type of oil you were going to use?
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Yes, we can calibrate for different percentages of BioDiesel. The bigger concern is what the oil base you're using for BioDiesel, the specific density of the fuel, and what the clouding point is. Of course, there's nothing we can do to affect the clouding/gel point of the fuel but it's something you'll need to be aware of as we get into the winter months.

The biggest tuning concern for BioDiesel is to make sure that we have enough ICP to properly atomize the fuel at lower RPMs. Under load, it's not much of a problem. We could certainly make you a few different strategies that more tailored for specific quantities of BioDiesel, but I think it will really end up breaking into 2 categories... below 50% and above 50% blend. If you'd like, give me a call during the week and we can discuss what options we have and see if we can find something that will suit you.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, November 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Yes, we can calibrate for different percentages of BioDiesel. The bigger concern is what the oil base you're using for BioDiesel, the specific density of the fuel, and what the clouding point is. Of course, there's nothing we can do to affect the clouding/gel point of the fuel but it's something you'll need to be aware of as we get into the winter months.

The biggest tuning concern for BioDiesel is to make sure that we have enough ICP to properly atomize the fuel at lower RPMs. Under load, it's not much of a problem. We could certainly make you a few different strategies that more tailored for specific quantities of BioDiesel, but I think it will really end up breaking into 2 categories... below 50% and above 50% blend. If you'd like, give me a call during the week and we can discuss what options we have and see if we can find something that will suit you.

Take care.
Sorry for the delay in a response (working). I just want to say thank you for working around my needs.i give you a call soon.