Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, June 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM
Whopper

ltr450 is on a distinguished road
Help HELP!!!!!

Y'all just upgraded my EVO II to a Gryphon. I got it today and re-installed it. When I try to load any of the 3 tunes, I get an error code f1. The screen says that this vehicle calibration is not yet supported. It also says to check for updates. Am I missing something? I know I had to update the Edge when I first got it. Do I need to update something? If so, where do I get the updates?
Old Mon, June 21st, 2010, 06:46 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The error code 0xF1 can sometimes appear during programming. Try this:

1. Leave the ignition key in the ON position.
2. Disconnect the Gryphon at the OBDII port.
3. Plug the Gryphon back into the OBDII port.
4. After getting to the main screen, wait 15 seconds for needed parameters to be loaded.

If you still cannot program the PCM successfully, you'll have to contact PHP for assistance.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, June 21st, 2010, 06:52 PM
Whopper

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried doing what you suggested and still got the same f1 code and message. I'll call PHP. Thanks again.
Old Mon, June 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr450 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried doing what you suggested and still got the same f1 code and message. I'll call PHP. Thanks again.
Sorry - I suspect it's a tiny error in the setup then that Bill will have to address. You can still use it as a monitor though until Bill can get to you.

Things are going to be a bit hectic there with Corey just out of the hospital. It may take a few days to get through. If you can't reach him, send me a PM. I don't normally monitor the diesel forums, so a PM is the best way to reach me.

- Jack
Old Mon, June 21st, 2010, 07:06 PM
Whopper

I sure appreciate it. I just saw the "Support" section. I am going to post this in that section and I will try and call Bill in the next few days. Thanks again for your help.
Old Thu, June 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Whopper

Talked to Bill and Cody. They got me fixed right up. Truck runs great!!! Thanks for all of the help!!