Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road
Default idle issue

I'm still bugged about my idle. My buddy rode in my truck and thinks its off too. Sometimes its smoothed then other times it shakes the hole truck. When I take my foot of the brake and don't hit the gas the truck slowly lurches forward with the idle. what confuses me is sometimes it really smooth.
I got a brain fart here please deal with it!
The sensor that's on the bottom driver side of the hpop pump would that possibly be going out?
Thanks

Ps on my Droid.
Old Fri, August 27th, 2010, 09:06 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The IPR (Injection Pressure Regulator) valve that you are talking about could be the culprit. Usually when we run into idle stability problems that are not consistent from day to day, it's caused by either a worn/sticky IPR valve or high-mileage engine oil.
Old Fri, August 27th, 2010, 02:49 PM

My engine oil is fresh. Less than 3000. Next pay check I will get a new ipr. Is there any way of testing it? Also would there be any other culprits. Would you like a video of it idling?
Old Fri, August 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine does it.

You can always take it apart and clean it. You can also put new o-rings on it. Heck, you could even get a new "nut" since you kind of pieced that one together.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/472456315uLsKmG

Last edited by cleatus12r; Fri, August 27th, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old Fri, August 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM

I pulled it apart and rebuilt it but I didn't replace the seals I did order them would those seals make a difference. There is no oil leaking out the back.