Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road
Default I had a heart attack.

On the 4th of November, woke up about 3am with chest pain, belching and pain down both arms. I wound up in Mercy General Hosp. in Sacramento, and had a Stent put in my heart. I feel much better, and I've had a major shift in my priorities list, but have some challenges ahead. I will, with God's help and grace, overcome them.
I'd been home for two days from the heart deal when another doc called.
I'd had a colonoscopy about 3 days before the heart attack, and the doc had removed a polyup he thought was benign. UPon examination in the lab, it wa found to contain a very, very small carcinoid rectal tumor.
I went to the oncologist today, and he told me that I would be fine. He said the colonoscopy saved my life, the cancer had not gotten loose, and there was less than a 1% chance any cancer cells remained. I'll have another colonoscopy in a few months to make sure.
If you are in your 40's and have family history, or are 50, get a colonoscopy.
There is one day of misery in the bathroom, but it might save your life.
Your prayers as I go through this would be much appreciated.

Bill, regarding my thread in the calibration update section, I don't know if you have looked at it and upoaded the requested info or not. I would appreciate you letting me know. With this priorty shift, we are going to using the truck and camper a lot more in the future.

Thanks all....

sam8 (Jeff)

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

Got some coming your way from southern Cali!

Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 09:55 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sam - what a "double whammy"! But, it DOES sound like you've come out of this about the best anyone can. My thoughts and hopes are with you.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Will be praying.

Hope you get well soon...our family just went through a heart attack late last month.
Old Fri, November 20th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Sam, I hope that all is going well with your recovery. It certainly seems like you have had some serious trials this month.
It's good to hear that one potentially serious condition may have been warded off, and hopefully the check-up confirms that there is no substantial future risk.
I'm sure the news you received from the test would have been bad enough on it's own.
I'm sure that the heart attack has also brought about some serious concessions and considerations too.

Hopefully you have been able to remain in good spirits despite it all.
Listen to your doctors, do what your told, and let God do for you what nobody else can.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.