Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty

Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Double Whopper

08FX4RBP is on a distinguished road
P2002 Code?? Any Remedy

My truck keeps throwing a P2002 code, i have a new AFE stg 2 cold air on it and a MBRP DPF back exhaust. No matter what setting a put the programmer on, it does it. With it on the stock setting it takes longer for the code to show up. Is there any remedy for this in the tuning, since everyone tells me its the AFE CAI?? Just looking for options/opinions.
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Double Whopper

My truck keeps throwing a P2002 code, i have a new AFE stg 2 cold air on it and a MBRP DPF back exhaust. No matter what setting a put the programmer on, it does it. With it on the stock setting it takes longer for the code to show up. Is there any remedy for this in the tuning, since everyone tells me its the AFE CAI?? Just looking for options/opinions.
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

How long ago did you buy your programmer, and from whom did you buy it? Bill thinks we might have a fix for you, and yes, it's probably your CAI.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Double Whopper

Zimmey's Diesel Performance · Lebanon, PA - bought it from Delton.
It was like 2 months ago when i bought it, but i think he had it sitting there for a while.
Old Wed, June 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Double Whopper

Updated Unit-CEL comes up within 5 miles

I Updated the unit and now it throws the P2002 even faster than before. Now its within 5 miles and it throws it. I take the intake off and no problems at all.

Also the truck bucked a couple time when i had the new updated programming in it. It onlyt happpend when pulling out of a four way intersection having to get on it to merge into traffic. From a roll it seemed to pull alright, but from a stop it would buck amd seemed it did not know what gear to go in.
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08FX4RBP View Post
I Updated the unit and now it throws the P2002 even faster than before. Now its within 5 miles and it throws it. I take the intake off and no problems at all.

Also the truck bucked a couple time when i had the new updated programming in it. It onlyt happpend when pulling out of a four way intersection having to get on it to merge into traffic. From a roll it seemed to pull alright, but from a stop it would buck amd seemed it did not know what gear to go in.
Take off the afe and go back to stock air box until Bill has a "fix".

Just a thought

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Double Whopper

I have the AFE off the truck, the truck still seems to act weird with the updated unit.
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:07 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08FX4RBP View Post

But now you say the truck still acts "weird"? Can you be a bit more specific? How do "no problems at all" suddenly become "weird"?

And, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but I'm trying to help Bill understand what's going on. Please don't feel I'm putting you down.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Double Whopper

With it on level 3, the truck will still jump around in the shifting under heavier accleration from a dead stop. From a roll it doesn't do it.
Old Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Double Whopper

FYI- The intake is off the truck, no CEL...but still acts as stated above on Level 3. On Level 2 acts fine, Stock acts fine, have not tryed level 4 w/out the CAI yet.