Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Whopper

GlennD is on a distinguished road
Default Lean 05 f150?

Hi guys, first time poster here..
I have an 05 f150 5.4 with a K&N FIPK CAI and a Magnaflow cat back. I recently picked up a older used Evo (manufactured 12/05). I have updated it via the lightning sw to the 03/09 release. I have been running it at lvl 2 (towing) for everyday use. I've noticed decent gains in hp and tq but i know the edge can't compensate for the additional airflow.

I've yet to throw any codes, but when i display the actual rail pressure against the desired rail pressure, I see some (what appears to me to be) significant differences. Actual rail pressure displays from 38-41 and is fairly consistant, while the desired idles at around 66 and peaks at 174 under heave acceleration. I called Edge and asked them about it, and they said "as long as you aren't throwing codes, it's ok". I am a little trepedatious about running just rich enough to not throw a lean code.

I'm sure you guys have a lot of experience with this particular f150 scenario, and would appreciate any advice/comments on whether and upgrade is necessary

thanks in advance
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The 04-05 are known to come from the MOCO with a next to lean program on the pcm.
Add in the CAI a maybe you might be in the lean area.
I can't say weather you are or aren't because trucks are almost like people and each one runs a little bit different. Upgrading to a gryphon and a custom tune to dial in your truck to run with your CAI would be to your advantage at least then you'd know you weren't running lean.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Whopper

that's what i was thinking. I tried calling them today but didn't get through to anyone. I'm currently in the metro atlanta area, so hopefully i can just drop it off and have it shipped back. It sounds like they are pretty busy from what i've been reading on the forum, but i guess the wait will be worth it..
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 04:49 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Goto»» www.powerhungryperformance.com you will find their address their and hours if you want to drop it off. If you have access to a fax you can do that too, to announce you are going to stop by. Who knows if you get there Bill might live tune it for you??? But he's pretty busy!!!!

Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Whopper

thanx, I sent him an email
Old Mon, November 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Whopper

I managed to get Corey on the phone today (she couldn't be nicer btw) and since I was in the ATL area, i drove over and got my edge upgraded, and ordered my tunes from Bill.

Worked out great, as I have no 'downtime' (I can run the canned 2 tune w/o going lean). Really looking forward to downloading the custon tunes...
Old Mon, November 23rd, 2009, 05:24 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

That's Great!
Glad you were able to hook up with them!