Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road
Getting files from Minotaur to chip

So I wrote my first program, got my burner up and running, go to burn the chip and when I go to the file where I saved my new program it doesn't come up in the list of files I can write to the chip. Looking at the files Bill sent me they say .225K at the end of the file name. This leads me to believe I may need to convert the file somehow??? What do I need to do to make it so that the file willl come up in the list to write to the chip?

I'm so close to getting my first file in the truck I can taste it!! I just keep running into these little snags!! It's killing me!
Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 07:55 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Try selecting "all files" instead of ".bin" or whatever it is.

Mine does this all the time with custom files.
Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Conversion shouldn't be needed.

Are you saying that the files from Bill had the ".224" as part of the name or was that the file extension? The file extension should be .bin, file names can really be called anything but shouldn't have any spaces. Did you save your tune in the same folder as the other tunes and you just can see your tune in pheonix flash? -OR- Did you create a new folder and the folder isn't visible in phoenix flash?

One example if the second scenario is true; if I want to see a folder which I created in Minotaur... outside of the Minotaur program, I need to create a shortcut for that folder in Minotaur on the desktop or someplace else. I can't remember if this was an issue in phoenix flash, just going off memory as my computer for tuning is at the shop.
Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 09:58 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Did you save the memory or the project?

You can't burn a "project" to the chip.
Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Did you save the memory or the project?

You can't burn a "project" to the chip.
That was it! I saved the project not the bianary. Just saved teh bianary and the chip is programming! I'm so excited!

I did some playing with the cold idle that I'm anxious to see how it works with it being so cold here lately. As well as hopefully some mileage tuning. We'll see how it works tomorrow morning!
Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 10:23 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Awesome!

It has just begun.......
Old Thu, December 30th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Bacon King

Yeah pretty much! The problem is I'm not sure where to begin! I want to max everything out and make a bunch of power but at the same time I don't want to blow it up! LOL! Though with crower rods, head, and main studs, and fire rings I think it's going to be a bit more forgiving than most.
Old Fri, December 31st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
The problem is I'm not sure where to begin! I want to max everything out and make a bunch of power but at the same time I don't want to blow it up! LOL!
Patience young grasshoppah!

Also remember, ask questions when in doubt.
Old Sun, September 9th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Whopper

rusty1161 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
That was it! I saved the project not the bianary. Just saved teh bianary and the chip is programming! I'm so excited!

I did some playing with the cold idle that I'm anxious to see how it works with it being so cold here lately. As well as hopefully some mileage tuning. We'll see how it works tomorrow morning!
I am not clear how to save the binary. I have 4 tunes I want to try and they were saved as Projects with .pxp at the end. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rusty
1997 F250 CC/SB 7.3 PSD 4X4 XLT, 211,000 miles, 4:10 gears, Dana 60, "B" code rear springs, E4OD, 3" DOWNPIPE, Adrenaline HPOP, Dominator 66, Rosewood Stage 1's, PHP tunes, Tymar intake, 203* t-stat, Evans coolant, 08 rear diff cover, AFE DCU shell
Old Mon, September 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Double Whopper

Shaw is on a distinguished road

File -> Save calibration as... -> change name of calibration and hit save.