Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Sun, March 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road
Default Thougths on new F150's

Hey just dropping in and wondering if Bill or anybody has said anything about the custom tuning on the new 5.0 or Ecoboost engines.

How much more power/MPG is there to gain with custom tuning?

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 02:20 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I actually chatted with bill a little about this, He hasnt done any tuning for those yet, but he did tell me that someone has tuned the ecoboost to something like 800hp... idk what else was done to it, but I think that is quite the improvement... haha, the 5.0 I am sure will have some decent tunes, my friend with the 5.0 mustang has added headers and exhaust and a sct tune and is pushing close to 500 hp, so I would imagine that the truck version could get similar numbers without too much trouble. but dont quote me on that haha . I guess the biggest thing for the 2011's is waiting for edge to release an cs/cts that will run on those new ones
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM

WOW! 800HP I bet that truck got Horrible MPG. I also bet that Mustang will blow someone off the road.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Ford is not being as soft on its warranty claims if they find out that the pcm has been flashed......there is now a login required from the tech.....if a flash has been detected with out a login its comes up as a login failure....the battery disconnect excuse doesn't work anymore....the ecoboost is especially being watched very closely for tweaks and mods....

Test drove 3 trucks a couple of weeks ago...all with the 6.2.....raptor screw....limited.....Harley.....the raptor by far had the best shifting and gitty up out of all of them....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 07:01 PM

Wow that kind of sucks about the pcm login deal but i guess its smart on their part.

I figured that the 6.2 would have the most power or bite taking off...but I also know it has the worst MPG so it would be fun to test drive but wouldnt be the engine for me. at least thats what i told my dad when we were talking about it. If i had the money and this truck paid off I would definitely get the Ecoboost engine.

Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Ford is not being as soft on its warranty claims if they find out that the pcm has been flashed......there is now a login required from the tech.....if a flash has been detected with out a login its comes up as a login failure....the battery disconnect excuse doesn't work anymore....the ecoboost is especially being watched very closely for tweaks and mods....

Test drove 3 trucks a couple of weeks ago...all with the 6.2.....raptor screw....limited.....Harley.....the raptor by far had the best shifting and gitty up out of all of them....
Well that sucks.. and I assume that means that custom tunes are really out of the question warranty wise because of the login? or will they still allow some stuff? and I am betting that I already know the answer, but how does the 6.2 compare to the ecoboost? I am guessing that it has more power and stuff, and I bet it can get quite the upgrades, but is it that much more than the ecoboost to merit around half the gas mileage?
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Well the Ecoboost is still a V-6 and the 6.2 is a huge V-8.... I bet with some good tuning and upgrades the 6.2 could be a powerful and get about average MPG. I think if i were to get the Ecoboost I wouldnt upgrade ANYTHING!!! until the warranty expire, but with the power and MPG it has stock there really isnt any need to.

Old Sat, March 26th, 2011, 12:36 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

That EcoBoost is one bad mutha!

If I were to ever buy a gasser(not likely) thats what I would get, the 6.2 just is not up to the same level of technology.