Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Double Whopper

RGSMDNR is on a distinguished road
Default Did my HEX code change?

I had my truck in the shop getting some tranny work done. I had reverted my programmer to stock before i dropped it off. A while after I got the truck back I tried to program it... and it didnt work. Said something about the HEX code not compatible.... so now what?
Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Double Whopper

checked my HEX code and it didnt change, so Im not sure why i got an error code...
Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

So, you are able to retrieve your hex code using the Gryphon? That sounds like the unit has initialized correctly. Possibly, your battery is weak. Could you put it on a charger for a while until it shows fully charged? If so, once the battery looks good, try reprogramming.

If this doesn't work, you MAY have a corrupted file in the Gryphon. If it's the monochrome Gryphon, try reloading the firmware/software using [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] then reload any custom tunes you have with [Updates]->[Custom File Download (Internet)]. If it's the CS/CTS model, you can update firmware/software by plugging it in to Fusion on your PC, but that will wipe out any custom tunes you have and Bill will have to set up a download package on the Fusion server for you to get them back.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Double Whopper

Tried to program after driving for a while... everything went ok. Maybe it was the battery that was low??

thanks!