Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, October 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
4x2 LARIAT Tiger Edition!

RajunKajun59 is on a distinguished road
Question Question while waiting?

Might be a dumb question, and if it is this thread can be removed.

I know I need to add my HEX and serial number to my CP.

If i read this correctly I need to go and plug my Edge Evo into Fusion and update it, so it is recognizable for the custom tunes? I have pluged it in at least twice this year, or does it need to be recently? Am I undertanding this corretly that is the Fusion software I will be using and not pegasus, or should I download pegaus?

Thanks for the response, and sorry if it is a dumb question. Short attention span, mixed with a little ADD, and mild dyslexia

I just made the order alst night, I read the disclaimer, and for the life of me I can't remeber what it said.

My F150 Forum Thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f4/gettin-h...ned-up-140385/
Old Fri, October 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I see from the part number in your User Profile that you have the older monochrome Edge Evolution (or Gryphon), rather than the full color screen CS/CTS platform. Edge Products| Product

So, you will use Pegasus, an app written by PHP to load your custom tunes, not the Fusion app from Edge. And, Pegasus does not have the "update problem" that Fusion has.

So:
1. Download Pegasus and install it on your PC.
2. Using your Gryphon, set your truck's tune back to stock (Level 0).
3. Remove the Gryphon from your truck, but DO NOT connect it to the PC yet!
4. Start Pegasus on the PC.
5. With Pegasus running, plug your Gryphon into the PC. This should cause the correct drivers for the Gryphon to load.
6. Once Pegasus recognizes your Gryphon, its screen should change from red to green and Pegasus should report that it is "connected".
7. You can then click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] to load the current firmware from PHP into your Gryphon and make it ready for the custom tunes when you are told they are ready.
8. Disconnect the Gryphon, take it back to your truck, turn the truck's ignition to ON, and plug the Gryphon in.
9. After the Gryphon boots, you should be able to reprogram your truck to any canned tune you want.
I've tried to make this as explicit as possible. You can print it out to avoid problems remembering. You also have both the hex code and serial number in your User Profile, so you need not re-enter that information.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, October 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
4x2 LARIAT Tiger Edition!

RajunKajun59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Explicit, very helpful instructions XD

- Jack
Thanks Jack, I appreciate, the info and help.

My F150 Forum Thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f4/gettin-h...ned-up-140385/
Old Tue, October 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Whopper

boto is on a distinguished road
Help Pegasus update/ custom tune installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I see from the part number in your <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/profile.php?do=editprofile" target="blank">User Profile</a> that you have the older monochrome Edge Evolution (or Gryphon), rather than the full color screen CS/CTS platform. Edge Products| Product

So, you will use Pegasus, an app written by PHP to load your custom tunes, not the Fusion app from Edge. And, Pegasus does not have the "update problem" that Fusion has.

So:
1. Download Pegasus and install it on your PC.
2. Using your Gryphon, set your truck's tune back to stock (Level 0).
3. Remove the Gryphon from your truck, but DO NOT connect it to the PC yet!
4. Start Pegasus on the PC.
5. With Pegasus running, plug your Gryphon into the PC. This should cause the correct drivers for the Gryphon to load.
6. Once Pegasus recognizes your Gryphon, its screen should change from red to green and Pegasus should report that it is "connected".
7. You can then click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] to load the current firmware from PHP into your Gryphon and make it ready for the custom tunes when you are told they are ready.
8. Disconnect the Gryphon, take it back to your truck, turn the truck's ignition to ON, and plug the Gryphon in.
9. After the Gryphon boots, you should be able to reprogram your truck to any canned tune you want.
I've tried to make this as explicit as possible. You can print it out to avoid problems remembering. You also have both the hex code and serial number in your <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/profile.php?do=editprofile" target="blank">User Profile</a>, so you need not re-enter that information.

- Jack
Jack,
Today I got an email saying my custom tunes are ready. I clicked on my Pegasus update client and chose to apply updates. There were 3. One of them gave an error. Should I proceed as you instructed the other user you replied to above, or try to resolve the error? ...or something else?
-Doyle
Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
Jack,
Today I got an email saying my custom tunes are ready. I clicked on my Pegasus update client and chose to apply updates. There were 3. One of them gave an error. Should I proceed as you instructed the other user you replied to above, or try to resolve the error? ...or something else?
-Doyle
Doyle - I'm not convinced I understand where you got the error. So - here's what I'd do, which should cover everything.

Start Pegasus and if you DON'T see it offering an update to Pegasus itself, click on [Pegasus Update Manager]. If there are any updates, apply them and allow Pegasus to restart. Otherwise, plug in your Gryphon and let it connect.

You SHOULD be able to return the Gryphon to the "canned" (untuned) state, and this is what I'd do to repair any files that may be corrupted. Click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] and apply anything that is shown. Disconnect the Gryphon when this finishes.

Reconnect the Gryphon and click on [Updates]->[Custom File Download (Internet)] to reload your custom tunes. Again, just disconnect the Gryphon when the process completes.

If this works as I've described, you should be good to go.

- Jack
Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Whopper

Question Pegasus update error

I uninstalled/reinstalled Pegasus, after first fooling around with it. I figured a fresh start couldn't hurt. After reinstalling, I selected Updates> Pegasus Update Manager>apply updates. There were 3 updates to download, and it successfully downloaded, then attempted to install, but then the same error reappeared: "component 'mscomm32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'." Please understand, I have not yet attached the Gryphon; I only tried updating Pegasus itself.
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
PHP Groupie

OK, read through this link: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/pegas...cx-issues.html and follow it CAREFULLY. The error you cite has appeared several times and seems difficult to resolve, unless you do what is stated here.

Please notice the note at the end to "Run as Administrator".

- Jack
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Whopper

Thanks, Jack. I wonder if the fact that my Win 7 professional is a 64 bit OS has anything to do with it? I can't help noticing Bill's byline: "...Windows 7 is only a little less annoying"
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

When you uninstalled it, did you wipe any trace of it?

My desktop is a 64 Win 7 and went through the same thing. Just make sure the computer is up to date. If you keep trying to install (and failing) the computer eventually recognizes that something is wrong. It will then do a diagnostic and finish the installation. I had the same issue and that is as much as I know on making it work. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is not the definition of insanity when it comes to Windows 7.
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
Thanks, Jack. I wonder if the fact that my Win 7 professional is a 64 bit OS has anything to do with it? I can't help noticing Bill's byline: "...Windows 7 is only a little less annoying"
It may - As a confession, I have not gotten Pegasus to connect properly to my old monochrome Gryphon on my new Win 7 professional 64 bit OS either. I don't have your error, but in spite of the fact that Pegasus SAYS the Gryphon is connected, the Gryphon's screen stays red and Pegasus appears to be frozen. Some day I'm going to HAVE to try to get this working, but, I have a working Pegasus on my older Win XP machines.

I suspect Longshot meant to say "every" trace of the previous install. A program I use to do this is Revo Uninstaller (the free version) and I always activate the "thorough" uninstall feature that wipes traces from the registry, as well as deleting folders and other traces. It's never caused me any problems when I've done this. (But it didn't fix my faulty Win 7 installation of Pegasus.)

- Jack