Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Whopper

dmkhnr is on a distinguished road
Default Tune for fuel mileage

Hi,
I'm new here, and after reading about the ficm programming I feel that this is probably my best option.

2006 f350 6.0 auto 4x4 dually with 4:30 tow boss package.

I'm wanting better fuel mileage, and I understand that 2200 rpm at 65 mph isn't going to give me the mileage that a 3:73 setup would but I'm hoping for better than the current 12 mpg that I get.

I'm really not clear about what I need to do, and how long it will take. What parts do I need to send in? Can I overnight the parts and have an overnight turnaround? Please give me the full scoop on the procedure.

#2 I have an 00 7.3 4x4. It has an sct tuner with a custom tune (dp 80hp tow tune) Can I load your 80 hp economy tune as well, as I'd like to try something else.
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Whopper

code is vxcf9h7qck0hz
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

You should see positive results just getting rolled back to a VXCF4 and getting the FICM done. Most people see an improvement. Search the forum in this section and the 6.0 section, there is lots of good info.

You have two options; send you PCM and FICM in to be reflashed or get on the waiting list for the remote flashes.

good luck
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Jeremy has you covered on the 6.0L stuff.

As for the SCT on the 7.3L, sorry, but we don't do SCT 7.3L tuning.
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Whopper

O.K.
Just sent info to put my name on the list for the remote flashes, pcm and ficm. Any idea on how long the wait is?
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkhnr View Post
O.K.
Just sent info to put my name on the list for the remote flashes, pcm and ficm. Any idea on how long the wait is?
From the website:

"Please be aware that there is a currently a 4-12 week wait for remote programmers. We have fifteen programmers that are out and about at any given time. Every day, however, we receive new orders for remote programming. Orders are processed in the order they are received. "

Lately it's been 12-15 weeks though. The website information is a little dated and at the present time, grossly optimistic.
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
From the website:

"Please be aware that there is a currently a 4-12 week wait for remote programmers. We have fifteen programmers that are out and about at any given time. Every day, however, we receive new orders for remote programming. Orders are processed in the order they are received. "

Lately it's been 12-15 weeks though. The website information is a little dated and at the present time, grossly optimistic.
Yah, I saw the 4-12 weeks, but only saw something like 8 people on the list so I figured that it would be in the 4 week range.
I don't want to wait that long, so I'd rather just send my units to you guys. Should I just submit another order and send them, or call, whats the best route?
Old Sun, August 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Get in touch with Corey (email works best) and have her change the order. Then fill out a shipping form (same page on which you found the ordering form), put it in the box, and send them to us.

Yeah, there is only a fraction of the FICM orders listed on the website......try at least 60 at any given time.

Keep in mind that the wait on sending them in can be as much as two weeks including shipping at the present time as well since the workload is crazy right now. No need to get mad at us though....get mad at Ford for screwing up your truck in the first place.
Old Sun, August 7th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Whopper

Oooh,
I can't have my truck down for 2 weeks either, I guess I'll just stay on the waiting list unless you guys have something else for me (chip/programmer) that will flash back?

I see you guys are from snow country as-well, are you fellow sledheads?
Old Sun, August 7th, 2011, 05:36 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

PHP is based in Georgia.

Snowmobiles? No thanks. I have zero use for one of those money pits.