Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, November 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough
Default Cold Idle Control issues.

Now that the winter is here my cold idle control is in the dumps.

This is an issue that presented itself a few years ago when my alternator was not charging well at idle, or whenever there is an accessory left on that drops battery voltage.

Problem is that whenever there is a decent draw (or low voltage) on the charging system the "automatic high idle" will not work. If I leave all accessories off (heater, lights, radio) it will work normally.

Tonight I payed around with it a bit........I went in and setup the Cold Idle Multiplier and Cold Idle Control to always be in "high idle". This worked great until I flipped on the lights or heater, then right back down to normal idle speed.

The system voltage (according to the Scangauge) is right at 14.2-14.4v.

I am starting to get a bit irritated with this as the truck really does not warm up to well at base idle, and I am not willing to turn off the heater.....lol.

Any ideas why this is, or what parameter to adjust to relax this a bit?