Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, August 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think it's really 2500, but, "somewhere" in that neighborhood. I suspect it kinda depends on where you're doing the towing too. If you were ALWAYS climbing mountain roads, I'd put the limit lower than if you were mostly on the "flat".

But whatever you do - I would strongly recommend you DO NOT try to change the tune somewhere out in the boonies. People that do that seem to have trouble with tunes that don't load properly and they're suddenly stranded.

If I'm towing, I load the tow tune before I leave the house and don't take it off until I return, even if some of the driving is not towing. The only place I ever change my tune is in my garage.

- Jack
Old Mon, August 23rd, 2010, 07:15 AM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I think it's really 2500, but, "somewhere" in that neighborhood. I suspect it kinda depends on where you're doing the towing too. If you were ALWAYS climbing mountain roads, I'd put the limit lower than if you were mostly on the "flat".

But whatever you do - I would strongly recommend you DO NOT try to change the tune somewhere out in the boonies. People that do that seem to have trouble with tunes that don't load properly and they're suddenly stranded.

If I'm towing, I load the tow tune before I leave the house and don't take it off until I return, even if some of the driving is not towing. The only place I ever change my tune is in my garage.

- Jack
I would say out of 180 miles...140 of them are completely flat. There will be some climbing at the end, and depending on where we go....there is the potential for some serious climbing....slow and windy up in the Blue Ridge.

Great advice on switching tunes though. If I feel the need to switch while we're there, I'll go to my Dad's house and do it just in case something goes wrong. My parents retired out in the mountains where me, my family, and friends go camping alot, so I've got some flexibility.