Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 10:00 AM
Whopper

RedFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Version ID error????

Just got my tunes re-worked for a new HEX code. Now I plugged in my gryphon to my computer and everything was fine until I tried downloading the custom tunes. It said it was preparing the gryphon then stopped and prompted me saying that it was unable to communicate. It also said something about a stock writer. Now everytime I plug it in I get this:

Version ID Error

Unable to determine Gryphon Version.
The Gryphon may be currently in "Run" mode, is currently set as "Stock Writer", or the memory is corrupt.

If text is visible on the display, please disconnect the Gryphon then reconnect.

No text is visible and Pegasus says everything is connected. When I connect it to my truck again nothing shows up, just the screen lights up.

I'm going to call today but thought I would post here in the meantime. See if it is a quick fix.
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

No quick fix that we know of. It seems to be something that Bill has to get involved with.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Whopper

RedFX4 is on a distinguished road

To any moderator you can delete this post if you wish or leave it in case somebody else runs into the same issue.

I continued messing around with the gryphon such as holding the menu button down when connecting it. I could get into the tech support but it would freeze everytime I tried checking any of the options. Eventually I just tried ignoring the warning and make another attempt at downloading the custom tunes. For whatever reason this time it worked. Go figure.

Sure feels good having the custom performance tunes back. Thanks again. Great product, just my own user error messes me up.:
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Glad it all worked out! If anything strange happens again , please feel free to give us a shout. We'll be happy to help.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Glad it all worked out! If anything strange happens again , please feel free to give us a shout. We'll be happy to help.
Thanks, Red, for letting us know this. I'll include it in our list of "things to try".

Edit: Red, You're a better "troubleshooter" than I am! We had the advice to try [Custom Flie Download] anyway with the "Run Mode" error. I got confused with the Version ID error warning. So, YOU did exactly what you should have done and my hat's off to you!. But, I have added the "Version ID" error to our list, so maybe we'll (I'll) be more helpful next time.

- Jack