Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, January 17th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Silver83

bivenspack is on a distinguished road
Default Canned tunes question from an Expy newbie.

I just purchased an 05 Expedition EB w/5.4 liter 3valve engine. I haven't done any mods yet (bought it at Christmas) but I going to do the Gott's mod first. Second I'm considering buying a tuner. My question is what's in the canned tunes? This is our family vehicle for the most part with my wife driving the majority of the time. While we don't tow a lot I will use it occasionally to tow my car. We mostly use it for family trips (camping/hiking, etc). What I'm really looking for is fuel mileage improvements but still maintain the towability power and torque I purchased the vehicle for. I searched the forums to find the answer, but maybe I didn't go back far enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I make a tuner purchase.
Old Mon, January 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I drive the same Expy, but Bill has actually reprogrammed our PCM to a performance tune, so I can't speak for the tow tune at the moment. Right now, we get about 17mpg around town and 18mpg on the highway. Those numbers go up slightly when I'm the one driving instead of him.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, January 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Silver83

bivenspack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
I drive the same Expy, but Bill has actually reprogrammed our PCM to a performance tune, so I can't speak for the tow tune at the moment. Right now, we get about 17mpg around town and 18mpg on the highway. Those numbers go up slightly when I'm the one driving instead of him.
Which performance tune did you get?