Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, July 26th, 2010, 11:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

YUP! That will cause problems every time with the monochrome Gryphons. The newer CS/CTS units don't seem to care much where the key is when you plug them in.

- Jack
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Hidden Valley

F150 Man 4Eva is on a distinguished road

Well I put the rebuilt tranny through a pretty tough test last weekend. I was towing my 7,200lbs boat and trailer with 60gal of fuel and a full tank in the truck...4 passengers all with luggage...about 150 beverages and 100lbs ice. I estimate I was towing near 9,000 lbs. in total. Keep in mind I have 35" Nittos that weigh near 80lbs. ea. as well. It was about a 50 mile trip going 70mph pretty much the whole way. The King Ranch was struggling I must say. It was tough to keep 70. The SLIGHTEST incline, if I tried to maintain speed, it would down shift to 2nd with the TC locked, and pretty much stay right there until I let off the gas. The tranny never shifted to 4th....it wanted to stay in 3rd with the TC locked, most of the time. I had the O/D off in custom tow mode. My tranny has been staying around 150 degrees under no load. I just pulled a 5x10 trailer with a golf cart...and it was more like 160. Well with the boat and all..it varied a good bit. I believe it was mostly around 180...but at one point (when it down shifted to 2nd) I saw like 201 or 202 just for a moment. That made me uneasy....I was NOT comfortable running that hot on my patched up tranny. I did see 190's and high 180's a good deal. But like I said, MOSTLY..it was around 180. Is that normal? At what temp. will the fluid become burnt?
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

It's not at what temp its how long at a specific temp.
Before the fluid breaks down and the tranny is damaged.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hidden Valley

F150 Man 4Eva is on a distinguished road

Oh okay...so I guess I wasn't as bad off as I was originally thinking....
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I've posted this before, but whenever I tow our trailer we seem to hit 8-10 mile, 6-7% grades on the Interstates. Pulling my 3600# trailer at 65 mph, the transmission ALWAYS drops down into 2nd to climb these hills at that speed, and, my TFT has at one time (in the hot summer) hit 225 degrees. The fluid has never seemed "burnt", but I just had it changed at the 60K mark.

Typically, when towing on the "level", the TFT stays in the 160-170 degree range.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer