Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Whopper

golden-lariat is on a distinguished road
Default ethanol??

I just ordered an AirRaid intake so I understand that now need to take the plunge on a custom tune.

My question to you guys is: up here in Iowa all the gas stations offer 89 octane fuel with 10% ethanol. Will my tunes be set up for the added alcohol if I make a note on the order form?

I would be willing to wait longer if PHP needs to develop such a tune. I believe that a custom tune should be custom build for ME and I only run ethanol blended fuel in my truck.
Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Well you have come to the right spot. either way Bill will write the custom tunes for you specifically. with the ethanol, from what I understand, nationwide there is an up to 10% blend on the gasoline mixture so that should already be accounted for in all the tunes, but it wont hurt to mention it again. Welcome to the forum an I hope I helped!
Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good advice from a Zoomie! Yes, DO tell Bill that you will be using an 89 octane E10 blend. But as ticopowell said, you'll actually find that MOST gas now in the US is E10 at a minimum. It's mixed that way to reduce CO emissions I think.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, August 27th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Whopper

golden-lariat is on a distinguished road

Thank you guys. I hear a lot about the 87 performance tune but around here the 89 blend is cheaper than the 87 w/o ethanol. So it only makes sense to reap the benefits of the higher octane.