Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, August 28th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Whopper

Tempsho is on a distinguished road
Default Edge Evolution question for the 7.3 Powerstroke

I sent a PM to groovy chick, but I know the people at PHP are pretty busy, so I'll post my question here. No biggie.

Does PHP still offer custom tunes for the original Edge Evolution for the 7.3L Powerstroke?

My 2002 Excursion 7.3L came with an Edge Evolution, and I am looking at getting some custom tunes made up for it. I just have an intake and straight exhaust, so I am not looking for anything too crazy. I don't pull anything heavy, this is mainly just a highway cruiser for the family. What would you recommend I go with (as far as tunes go)

Thanks guys!
Old Sun, August 29th, 2010, 07:10 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Original Evolution or Evo 2? The original Evo had no dash-mounted display and was simply a hand-held programmer referred to as the "Game Boy" style.

If that is the unit you're referring to, then yes, we can put custom tunes on it.

If you are talking about the Evo 2 that has the dash-mounted display, then no, we no longer support reprogramming of that unit due to hardware issues.
Old Sun, August 29th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Whopper

Tempsho is on a distinguished road

Mine is the dash mounted Evolution.

I would like to get custom tunes for my truck, but I don't want to loose the nice digital display to monitor my vitals.

What options do I have at this point?
Old Mon, August 30th, 2010, 08:14 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

You can continue to use the Evolution as it's not going to hurt anything. If you decide to get a chip (like our Phoenix or other vendors' chips), you can continue to use the Evolution for your gauges.