Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
FORDFX

FORDRDRFX4LIFE is on a distinguished road
Default dealer flashed my truck

hello as the title says i took truck in to dealer cause i needed some ork done on her and i ot truck back today and noticed when i put my programmer ack on it couldnt find an ecm so im guessing i need a new code so my question is what do i need to fill out so bill can gi me a new code so my gryphon works thnx
2008 F150 FX4 BLACKED OUT 2.5" LEVELING KIT STAGE 2 AFE INTAKE FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 TURN DWN 3" PIPE 285/65/R18 GRANETE ALLOY ULTRA BLACK MAGNUS RIMS WITH NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS..COMING SOON GRYPHON CUSTOM 91 TUNES
Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Lonestar Legend

LonestarROB is on a distinguished road

YOU don't need a new code, your truck(should) have a new HEX code because of the flash. Thus the reason it doesn't work. You'll need new tune/s.

This is what it says in big red letters at the top of this forum...

"IF YOUR PCM IS REFLASHED, YOUR GRYPHON WILL NOT WORK -- CURRENT CUSTOM TUNING CHARGES WILL APPLY TO REWRITE YOUR CUSTOM CALIBRATIONS!"

Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Before you go through with ordering new tunes try turning the key to the on position (without the engine running), unplugging the gryphon, wait a few seconds then plug it back in. See if that does anything.
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yes, do as Longshot says and then, even if the PCM WAS reflashed, you should at least be able to read the hex code when you plug the Gryphon in. If the code is different, you WERE reflashed.

But, it really sounds like you did not allow the Gryphon to boot properly. The ignition key has to be ON (engine off) before you plug in the Gryphon. (Note: this advice does not seem to apply to the newer CS/CTS units - they seem happy with the ignition in either state.)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Good advice, Guys.

To the OP: If you find that your truck WAS reflashed, you'll need your tunes rewritten for the new HEX code. If that's the case, the order form can be found on our Ordering Page. It's in the first red section. There is a flat $30 charge to rewrite your tune(s).

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019