Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 09:44 AM
08F150LARIET

lbjailer is on a distinguished road
Default tune change

I would like to have my 91 performance tune (level 3) changed to 87 performance.
I don't use level 2 too often since it was written for towing, and level 1 is transmission only. So I would like a performance tune with out the towing feature. Another question I have is, when plugging into into the software, can it be returned to stock tuning from the software while still keeping the custom tunes?
Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Are you wanting your 91 custom rewritten for 87 or just the canned 91 overwrited to 87 custom?

The truck needs to be set to stock if you do anything on the computer involving the tune. I'm not sure what your asking on that last part. You can return the programmer to all canned tunes but if you want the custom tunes then you would have to put them back on.
Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM
08F150LARIET

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a converted Edge power programmer to a Gryphon. I've had it for almost 2 years now. I want the 91/93 octane performance tune (#3) reprogrammed to 87 performance. I have custom tow tune at level 2. I submitted a ticket to have #2 checked because of the engine running rough on occasion, which requires a shut down restart to remedy. Others have a similar issue which I have read on the forum. I tried the 93 tune and did not notice any significant differences between #2 & #3. Since I am unfamiliar with how it is tuned, I imagine the tow tune might have some transmission and engine tweaks for towing, so I have decided that a 87 performance tune would benefit me more since 91 cost more. I live in Southern Ca. so no 93.
Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjailer View Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a converted Edge power programmer to a Gryphon. I've had it for almost 2 years now. I want the 91/93 octane performance tune (#3) reprogrammed to 87 performance. I have custom tow tune at level 2. I submitted a ticket to have #2 checked because of the engine running rough on occasion, which requires a shut down restart to remedy. Others have a similar issue which I have read on the forum. I tried the 93 tune and did not notice any significant differences between #2 & #3. Since I am unfamiliar with how it is tuned, I imagine the tow tune might have some transmission and engine tweaks for towing, so I have decided that a 87 performance tune would benefit me more since 91 cost more. I live in Southern Ca. so no 93.
Ok, then you'll just need to fill out a custom tune order form and pick the 87 performance but choose the 3rd slot. For tweaking the level 2 to get rid of those bugs you could probably call. Otherwise you just have to wait until they get your ticket.
Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 02:48 PM
08F150LARIET

Thanks, I knew it would be easy..
Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 03:26 PM
08F150LARIET

order placed. Thanks!
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Bill updated your service ticket over the weekend. I believe he expected to have an answer by today, but it may be a few more days. (Also have your order!)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
08F150LARIET

Thank you!
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Forum Predator

Ok, now I remember. What was the status of the service ticket? Sounds like everything was settled?
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
08F150LARIET

I did not get a message that it was completed. Am I supposed to check the Pegasus program? I have Pegasus on my laptop and do everything else from my desktop PC.
The support ticket still says "processing".

Last edited by lbjailer; Wed, December 15th, 2010 at 09:50 PM.