Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Whopper

rllackey28 is on a distinguished road
Clap Custom Tune Usability Question and Major Props

First major props to the gang at PHP for the super quick turn around on my custom 87 performance tune. Sent in my HEX code on 11/14 and received an email back from Cody last night stating that it was ready to download. I couldn't have dreamed that it would be ready that quick. In fact, it was ready so quick it leads to my question.

I assumed (yes I know what they say about assuming) that it would take about 4-6 weeks to get my custom tune so I planned ahead and had the custom tune wrote for a dual system with an X-pipe and Magnapacks. But I haven't had time to put this system on yet. In fact I haven't even ordered it because I've been buying Christmas gifts for others before myself, . Right now I am running a SIDO Flowmaster 40 series. Can I run the 87 custom tune for the time being without messing something up or should I run the canned 87 tow until I can switch out the exhaust?

Thanks for the help and again all I can say is WOW for how fast the turn around was.
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

It shouldn't hurt anything to try but just don't rod the piss out of it........if any issues due occour immediately change tunes.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Whopper

Haven't been hot rodding with my 87 tow canned tunes. In fact I've went the other way and am trying to see how high up I can get the average economy numbers. Guess that's a sign that I am getting old, .
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 10:05 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllackey28 View Post
Haven't been hot rodding with my 87 tow canned tunes. In fact I've went the other way and am trying to see how high up I can get the average economy numbers. Guess that's a sign that I am getting old, .
More likely a sign you're getting "smart"!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Whopper

Yeah, I read on F150Online where people can't stay off the throttle but I am trying to stay out of the throttle. Though every once and a while I will gun it, . I can definitely say that the Gryphon is helping me drive smarter.
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Common Zookeeper

evoar is on a distinguished road

I am jealous...I sent in my hex in October and am still patiently waiting!
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllackey28 View Post
You'd be suprised at how good tuning and a smart pedal makes mileage go up. I'm getting better mileage now than I ever have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoar View Post
Have you checked pegasus? Sometimes their emails get blocked by the various internet filters.
Old Tue, November 30th, 2010, 10:52 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoar View Post
Don't post it here....
Call PHP!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 2nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Whopper

Update:

Got my Custom 87 Performance tune installed this evening and it seems sluggish compared to the canned 87 tow tune. Closer to stock than it is to the 87 tow tune. I am sure this is due to the tune being wrote for the true duals so I am switching back to the 87 tow tune for the time being.
Old Thu, December 2nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The "performance tune" you got, judging from your earlier remarks, is possibly geared more towards fuel economy and highway cruising.

You're going to feel more "oomph" right away in the tow tune since it's set up to get your truck and the load it's pulling, moving away from a standstill. That's where the tow tune has to do its work. Once the whole mess is up to speed, the additional power requirement is reduced.

- Jack