Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, February 11th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Silver83

bivenspack is on a distinguished road
Default Ready to order a Gryphon but have a few quick questions...

Okay, I'm ready to order a Gryphon. I have an '05 Expedition Eddie Bauer w/ 5.4L/automatic and only the Gott's mod done. On the form do I choose the 2004-2008 F-150 option (there is no option for an Expedition)? Also, if I order a custom tune at the same time will I have to wait on the custom tune or will I receive the Gryphon and then be contacted when my custom tune is ready? How do I get the HEX code? I don't have a tuner at the moment. I want a performance tune that will give me the best gas mileage increase but still be able to tow occasionally. Which custom tune should I order? Any help prior to ordering would be great.
Old Fri, February 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I'm not quite certain because of the new forms but I'm thinking you'll order the 04-08 gryphon but make sure you designate it is for an Expedition. It would probably be best to call to make sure you get the right stuff.

There is just one issue for your custom tune question. The performance tunes aren't rated to tow more than 2500 pounds because they are intended for improved performance of an unloaded vehicle. You also wont have a huge increase in mileage, maybe 1 or 2 mpgs. The largest factor is your own foot and vehicle condition. As for towing, the canned tunes include a tow tune that works quite nicely. You can just reprogram to that when you plan on towing.

When you order your tune/programmer, you will get the programmer first with canned tunes. You will use the programmer to retrieve your HEX code and submit it through the web site. Once the tunes are written they will send you an email.
Old Mon, February 14th, 2011, 06:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Left a note for Corey....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, February 15th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Silver83

bivenspack is on a distinguished road

thanks, I look forward to hearing from them.
Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivenspack View Post
thanks, I look forward to hearing from them.
You may want to ask that question here also>>>Power Hungry Performance | Facebook

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.