Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, February 11th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Come Get Some

hampsterzone is on a distinguished road
Clap Gryphon is finally here! Just 1 ?

Okay, Cody said my tunes were written for 35" tires and my 4.56 gears. If I do custom options to change speed limiter, WOT fuel, shift points, ect; do I need to change the tire size and gears to account for my different than stock sizes? I ask this because in custom options it shows stock sizes. I read before that it does this automatically and that you need to change them. Just want to be sure before I change anything. And lastly, do I need to adjust WOT fuel, shift points, ect being that I have 91 custom tuning?

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!
Old Fri, February 11th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

You will be fine without touching anything at all in your tuning as long as you use the right octane the tune was written for. Bill and the moderators advise to not change the WOT fuel settings, and unless you are unhappy with the shifting, you shouldn't need to fix those.
The only reason to adjust the timing is if you are using higher octane than what the tune is made for, then you would adjust it only by a little.
Also don't worry about the stock setting showing in your Gryphon, they are just placeholder values.
Old Fri, February 11th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Have you driven with the custom tune without making any adjustments?

The tune was written by an automotive engineer with years of experience. You should not be changing anything unless there is a valid reason.
Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Come Get Some

Thanks guys, I was thinking the same as you! I have not drove yet because it was late when I got off .work. I have been itching to drive all night long. LOL! I am quite certain that my custom tunes are going to be off the hook.

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!
Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Come Get Some

I do have a valid reason to make changes. My mph was way off. I imputed 2709 in the tire size and that is real close to my GPS. I also had to change my gear ratio from 3.73 to 4.56 in the custom options. My question is: Is all the custom tuning still available when you utilize the custom options as they are written by Cody? I am just trying to make sure things are adjusted for my CAI and exhaust when I use the custom options to adjust tire size and gear ratio. Another thing is, my truck threw "system too lean on bank 2 twice this morning. It has not thrown it since being cleared last. Could it be because one of my coil packs is bad. I am planning on changing all 8 of them when they come in. Thanks in advance to your response. BTW, the Gryphon is amazing so far although I have not truly tested it out because of the coil pack being bad. :P

Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Forum Predator

So going straight through programming without entering the custom options menu has the speedo off? By how much?

You will maintain the custom tune parameters except for the ones you change. Then you are just adding or subtracting from the custom tune base values.

Can't say for sure on the tune until you have the coils replaced. The tune was written for a vehicle in good shape.
Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Come Get Some

My miles per hour was off my 15 mph. No joke! They only thing I changed was the tire size and gear ratio. Sooooo, hopefully I am good to go. Yes of course, I am sure my truck will perform WAY better with the coil packs being replaced. LOL! If it's not one thing it's always another. Atleast now I can honestly say I have changed practically everything minus internal engine componets.Thanks again for your help my friend. Stay tunned as I will most definitely give an update to how well my Gryphon performs once everything is up to par.

Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Yeah as long as you are just changing those options you should be just fine! and dont enjoy the tunes too much... your gas mileage will suffer!
Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterzone View Post
My miles per hour was off my 15 mph. No joke! They only thing I changed was the tire size and gear ratio. Sooooo, hopefully I am good to go. Yes of course, I am sure my truck will perform WAY better with the coil packs being replaced. LOL! If it's not one thing it's always another. Atleast now I can honestly say I have changed practically everything minus internal engine componets.Thanks again for your help my friend. Stay tunned as I will most definitely give an update to how well my Gryphon performs once everything is up to par.
If I typed that my pistons would literally jump out of the engine just so that I would have to put them back in.
Old Sat, February 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Come Get Some

Knock on wood! I'm going to pretend that you did'nt out that out on front street. I can say that even though I haven't put the pedal to the metal, my truck feels like it has a new engine. The gears, custom tunes, and efans made a world of difference. I can almost hear the Titans's engine cut out from fear! Now let's just hope my trusty F150 shows up and smokes the competition. If nothing else, it sure looks tougher and sounds WAY better!