Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

bconnaway is on a distinguished road
Default Time frame to update tunes?

I was thinking that I want to completely redo my exhaust system sometime this summer. But before I do that, wanted to know what kind of time it would take to get new tunes for it and what I would need to do to prepare for it. Right now I have a custom 89 performance tune. Exhaust wise, I currently just have a glasspack replacing the stock muffler. What I was looking at doing is: OBX longtube headers, catless w/ OBX resonators, magnaflow x-pipe, 2 dynamax bullets, and dumped over my rear axle. I haven't really updated my gryphon or plugged it into my computer in what seems like forever since i have it pretty well built into my ashtray (makes this pretty difficult) so im not really sure if there are updates I've missed or what. Just trying to get a feel for things before I really start looking into doing this. Also, if i remember right, tunes were $30 when I originally ordered my Gryphon and said they were $60 for later ones. So would this re-tune be $60 or what?

Meet Alba.
2004 5.4L Lariat Supercrew. OBX long tubes w/ resonators. Magnaflow X-pipe. Dynomax Bullets. Flowmaster slashed tips. AEM Brute Force CAI. Gryphon w/ custom 89 performance tune by PHP. Pioneer AVIC-X920BT. Kenwood KAC-7204. Dual 10" MTX Thunder Thins. Go Rhino Chrome Bed Bar. 4 KC 130W Daylighters. 2.5" Autospring Levelling Kit. 1.5" Autospring Add-A-Leaf. BFGoodrich AT 275/65-18.
Old Fri, March 4th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I dont know how much the price would be to redo the tunes, but If you already know what you are getting then I would order the tunes now, they are taking 3-6 weeks from what I understand... but I am probably wrong since I havent ordered tunes for a while. You can always order them, and then once you put the new stuff on you can update your gryphon at the same time. I wish I could help more, but I cant, so yeah... just dont have too much fun with the new exhaust when you get it!
Old Fri, March 4th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure on the time frame but it will be $60 each for the updated tunes. I would go ahead and place the order so that you will be able to do the entire upgrade all at the same time. Also make sure you can go catless. I dont know for sure but I think Travis county does the sniffer test. Everything else, however, will work.
Old Fri, March 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
I'm not sure on the time frame but it will be $60 each for the updated tunes. I would go ahead and place the order so that you will be able to do the entire upgrade all at the same time. Also make sure you can go catless. I dont know for sure but I think Travis county does the sniffer test. Everything else, however, will work.
ok, ill probably really start looking into the upgrade soon so i can go ahead and order the tunes. as for going catless, im pretty sure they dont use an actual sniffer, just plug in through the OBII port and make sure everything is "working". I'd probably drive into my grandparents place though in central texas to get inspections done anyway so i don't have to mess with that part.

Meet Alba.
2004 5.4L Lariat Supercrew. OBX long tubes w/ resonators. Magnaflow X-pipe. Dynomax Bullets. Flowmaster slashed tips. AEM Brute Force CAI. Gryphon w/ custom 89 performance tune by PHP. Pioneer AVIC-X920BT. Kenwood KAC-7204. Dual 10" MTX Thunder Thins. Go Rhino Chrome Bed Bar. 4 KC 130W Daylighters. 2.5" Autospring Levelling Kit. 1.5" Autospring Add-A-Leaf. BFGoodrich AT 275/65-18.
Old Sat, March 5th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Well also make sure that you can have it inspected outside your registered county. I know my mom had trouble when she tried to have her expy inspected in Austin while running errands because of it not being the right county. If you are getting your truck inspected soon that would be a good question to ask.
Old Sat, March 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Well also make sure that you can have it inspected outside your registered county. I know my mom had trouble when she tried to have her expy inspected in Austin while running errands because of it not being the right county. If you are getting your truck inspected soon that would be a good question to ask.
i actually have it registered to that county, but had it inspected in Austin last year. Just was having enough trouble throwing codes because I had tuned it back to stock that I guess the location of registration was the least of their worries.

Meet Alba.