Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, January 10th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Double Whopper

zeuss is on a distinguished road

Well I just fired her up at 12 below. No problellm starting, but Idon't imagine the neighbors appreciated the diesel cloud. I let her run a couple minutes then shut her off and plugged her in tosee what happens in while. And the old plugs would light for about an inch als.l
Zoodad
PHP stock, 40,60,80,100, and whisper
Old Sun, January 10th, 2010, 09:23 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I haven't yet tried tuning anything with the air intake heater but I will see if I can't do something with it and get it to turn on once the glow plugs turn off....usually, it's commanded after a couple minutes of idling but if it can be commanded sooner and during warm up, I'll let you know and maybe you can get Bill to incorporate that into your tunes.

But then again, maybe Bill will read this and know the answer already.
Old Sun, January 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Double Whopper

zeuss is on a distinguished road

I also found out that if I leave it plugged in that it won't smoke on start up. I am thinking maybe averything just might be normal, a COLD diesel. Thanks for everything so far guys. It's nice to have a little help figuring things out sometimes.
Zoodad
PHP stock, 40,60,80,100, and whisper