Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Towing

Towing This forum is specifically for questions, comments, or ideas about towing with your vehicle.

Old Thu, September 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Super picture TXWolf! I have one of Janet petting a doe down at the Research Station in the Chiricahuas. She had been an orphan (black tail) that was hand raised by them. She mated with a wild white-tail and now has a pretty well grown up fawn that lives there too.

Good you're having good times with your trailer! We enjoy ours too!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, September 17th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Wow, I cant believe that deer is still there. Last time I was over there I almost caught him and one of the other bucks, and they were lucky, I had my diving knife still strapped to my leg.

Did the giant raccoons decorate your campsite with your trash? I also chased a few of them off in the middle of the night last time I was there. No one else in the group even moved.
Old Fri, September 18th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

No raccoon messes to clean up, because we kept all of the trash inside the trailer until it was time to put it in the dumpster! But they've made a mess before when we were there camping in tents.

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Sat, February 6th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Whopper

munro300 is on a distinguished road

TXwolf ,do you have any pics of your trailer hooked up to your truck from the side?I would just like to see what a trailer that big looks like hooked up to a half ton. Im looking at a jayco 27bh and the length is actually 29 feet and tthe wife dosent think or 09, FX4 will tow it safely or without burning up the tranny.
Old Tue, February 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Native American Redneck

I'm sure that I have a pic or 2 on my home PC. I'll try to remember to upload some for you to see.

We have now taken quite a few trips down to the Coast, and up into the Hill Country. My truck pulls the trailer just fine , as far as I can tell. It never feels sluggish, and drives great when I unhook the trailer. I guess I'll have a better picture when I change the transmission fluid in the future.

5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Tue, February 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Hey TX, whenever you get tired of sweeping sand and the wildlife petting zoo at ped. I know a bunch of other places to go in central texas. I live just up the road from ya.
Old Tue, February 9th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Native American Redneck

We're heading up to Inks Lake this weekend. It may be a little chilly, but I'm going stir crazy here at the house! LOL I was hoping to wet a line while we're up there, but I doubt if the fish will be biting.

I'm attaching a thumbnail of the only pic that I can find right now of the truck and trailer together. Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00168_resize.jpg (99.1 KB, 21 views)

5.4L - 4.88 Gears