Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Thu, April 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM
Whopper

chill19872 is on a distinguished road
Default EDGE CS problems (2009)

Hey there new to the site just joined 10mins ago, planning to get my cs and a few buddies of mine also. But before i can get a custom tune i need to figure out what the deal is with my programmer. So i took the programmer out of the box yesterday and hooked it up and had everything in place, i proceed to start programming the truck but while the programmer is reading the vin files etc it stops and a error msg pops up. Something along the lines of Your vehicles calibration is not supported by this programmer, i click ok to proceed Then it tells me to contact edge tech support. i have called edge support and they cant figure out what is going on and that they have a engineer working on it now. Just to clarify my truck is a 2009 f150 fx4 5.4l 3v (30k miles). The programmer is currently up to date via fusion software, so my question is What could this possible be?!?! I even took my buddies edge evo cs(same exact thing) and it wouldnt work except it gave a error "Your vehicles fuel type does not support this programmer" . Any ideas or help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated i have spent hours on the internet searching for info and have not found anything.
Old Thu, April 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Hate to say it, but being your truck is so new edge is retarded and hasnt made calibrations for them yet. I would keep annoying edge as much as possible because that seems to work after a bit. I think there is another thread on this subject but the truck is a 2010. They got edge to get an engineer to write them a calibration that works. hope this helps!
Old Thu, April 21st, 2011, 04:48 PM
Whopper

Help

Thanks for the response always great to get some feedback of some sort Just an update for those who may be following i called edge again today and they assured me that an engineer was looking at the problem , and gave me the "Bug Code" to which it was labeled. Hopefully this will not take to long for them to fix, i also have a apointment with my local dealership in the am to do the TCM tsb flash and PCM update if available ...if not im going to have them re-flash to PCM at the very least. i bought this truck about 4months ago "used" surely EDGE/ and the programmer would be able to tell if this truck was/still programmed by the owner before me ? any ideas thanks!
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
Grown-up in training!

I agree that the programmer should be able to tell you if the tune that is installed is stock or aftermarket, but it can't necessarily tell you if the truck has ever been programmed.
Good luck with edge, and I would call them as much as you have time for to try and get the process speeded along.
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

They will probably be reflashing to a new hex code. I'm thinking that might not be a bad idea though. If you haven't ordered custom tunes then they might update it to something that Edge does have. I would just ask Edge ahead of time if you should do that. You just got the luck of the draw with a calibration they dont have in their books yet.
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Whopper

UPDATE!!! Just got back from the ford dealership told them about a TSB out for a PCM/TCM update for the tranny they ended up updating the PCM free of charge, Got home and was able to turn my Edge programmer on Now to to fill her up with some fresh 93oct from the BP station and get her ready for the sand drag tomorrow!!
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Good to hear

That sounds freakin' awesome. Pics and vids please
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Whopper

I sure will !!
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Grown-up in training!

Awesome! don't have too much fun with that...