Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Tue, September 6th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Whopper Junior

Limited500 is on a distinguished road
Default Any DIY Window Tinters Out there?

Hey guys I've done window tint before but was just curious on my 10 F150 if just taking off the door panel works well or taking the whole window out would be best? Thanks for any input!
Old Wed, September 7th, 2011, 05:23 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I've not tinted the windows in my F150, but I've done it in other vehicles. The only time I took the window out was when I did the moonroof window in my Honda. Otherwise, I just left the windows in place. Taking the door panels off makes things a lot easier.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, September 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

For me, tinting windows is a lot like doing bodywork. I SUCK AT IT. I'm not nearly patient or particular enough......

I have paid people to do mine for me over the years after the first two attempts but only ever watched one guy. It's an art...... He didn't remove anything but he definitely knew what he was doing.
Old Wed, September 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Whopper Junior

Limited500 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

I was hoping I wouldn't have to take the window out. I would have been a tad nervous. On the other cars I did it it was easy enough to get behind the weatherstrip but the panel comes up so high on the F150's it's pretty difficult! I wish I could have the chance to watch someone do it! Those guys know what they're doing for sure!