Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Tue, December 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road
Default having a brain fart...

Ok, I had to send my Gryphon back to PHP, I was having trouble switching custom tunes. Long story short, Bill sent me a new Gryphon (b&w model) so I finally got a chance to put it in the truck last night. Went to program my custom 93 performance tune, and it was only showing the basic tunes not my custom tunes I had before. How do I get those back?I know I have a cd with the program I need to install. I just switched jobs so all that stuff is scattered, but I can find it. Any insight for this dimwitt? Thanks! Wayne
Old Tue, December 6th, 2011, 11:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Go here>>> Power Hungry Performance - Customer Support

You'll find a download for Pegasus .....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, December 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The older (pre-04) model Gryphons don't allow their menus to be changed by Bill. Anyway, here's how you check to see if the custom tunes are installed:
Any programmer with a Product Number that looks like --> Ex.xx.xx <-- is an older platform unit. And, on those units, if the last 2 digits are "99" then it is always a custom file.

So, an older model Gryphon with a Product Number that looks like "Ex.xx.99" has custom tunes.
I think you find the product number by following this menu path: [Diagnostics] -> [Tech Support] -> [Version Info] (or something like it).

And, as 88 said, if you need to install the custom tunes, you'll use Pegasus [Updates]->[Custom File Download]. But, Bill may have to put your new programmer's serial number into the database for that to work. If you DO already have the custom tunes installed (I think you should), don't try to update it with Pegasus, you could easily wipe out the installed custom tunes.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 30th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Ok, it doesn't seem to be a new Gryphon, it looks like the same serial number on this one. I plugged it into the truck, and my HEX code is the same as well. I found my Pegasus disk, loaded the program and tried to find my custom tunes to no availe. Does Bill have to upload them to the server again?

Sorry for all the questions. I swear i did this all fine the first time with no issues.. i am so gun shy with the truck right now, just want to be extra sure i don't hose something up. Spent $1600 on a new PCM last week, and just want my horsepower back!!

Thanks!
Old Mon, January 2nd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Have you gone to the [Custom File Download (internet)] in the Options menu of Pegasus?
Old Mon, January 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Yes, i think i figured it out. When my truck locked up when i had the problem with the cable issue, Bill uploaded a PCM recover file to the network that i then downloaded and downloaded. It looks like the PCM recovery file is the one it grabs when i click on Custom File Download.

Is there anyway to ask Bill if he can put my custom tunes back on the server so i can retrieve them?
Old Mon, January 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Left a note for php.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, January 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Downloaded the tunes today during lunch and am back in business! Thanks for everyones help!