Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, March 11th, 2022, 07:30 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Here's an easy test. This will quickly determine if you have a tuning issue (not likely based on the symptom and graph) or mechanical issue.

ANY injector will start, run, and idle on stock tuning in the PCM. They can all be driven that way too......with the only real indication that something isn't right being a super-touchy accelerator pedal. With singles, regardless of having 100% nozzles, it will start, idle a bit rough for a few seconds, then sort itself out. Returning to idle will also be a little rough but as before, the PCM will handle itself and figure out a relatively decent idle. I, as well as many others, have run 250/200% and 160/100% injectors long distances on from-Ford tuning in pinch.

Set your Hydra to bypass mode ("00") when the key is on. The truck doesn't have to be running, just ignition on. Push the left Hydra button until the digits "00" are displayed and wait a couple seconds until the display slightly flashes (confirmation). Turn the ignition to "off"". Wait a second and then start the vehicle. If the engine starts and acts the same way (start and stall), it's absolutely NOT the tuning and you have a bit of diagnosing to do....I suspect this will be the case.

To get the Hydra out of bypass mode, the safest way is to reverse the steps although it will switch from bypass to another position while running....and likely stutter/stall - so I suggest: Ignition on, switch to a "tune". Wait for the flash. Turn the key off, wait a second, then start.
Old Sat, March 12th, 2022, 12:46 AM
Whopper

madsenco is on a distinguished road

Finally got her ironed out, had to raise the duty cycle by %85🤯 and she purred like a kitten, bigger hpop is on the way 👌
Old Sat, March 12th, 2022, 12:50 AM
Whopper

madsenco is on a distinguished road

And i really appreciate the bad a** customer service and help i got when i called you guys up ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐