Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, September 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Double Whopper

ssredrino is on a distinguished road
Shout it Out my story and my questions

i have an early build 04 6.0

i loved the way it ran new 200 miles off the lot i got a edge juice platinum with attitude it ran even better QUESTION CAN THIS EDGE BE UPDATED TO THE GRYPHON?

next i installed 4 inch exhaust and magna-flow muffler from the turbo back, lower egts pulling a 36 foot gooseneck

next after talking with my diesel speed shop i got a predator U7165 programmed the pcm with tow haul and then installed the edge all i can say is dam it ran and pulled no tranny probs shifted nice defueling at 50% and firmer shifts change with power. 65000 miles on it

23mpg 16-18 mph towing

oh **** did it run with power to burn

removed all and went to dealer yes re flashed scheduled maintenance

installed every thing again next trip same setting popped head gasket got it repaired and re flashed and new turbo

never ran the same since 20000 miles later egr cooler popped again all programming out and tow to dealer

once again fixed and re flashed by ford

now it runs but you know loud, long starting, injector buzzz ignition off and ignition on, no power no mater what i do, and 13mpg tops

my pcm hex is vxbc9n2.60
my spare pcm hex from ebay is hex vxbc9n8

part numbers are a match on my pcms

i would like my spare pcm rolled back to original enhanced

and my ficm original enhanced

i would like the slight heat strategy for cold weather starting , my towing program back , my quite idle back more power and my mileage back.

i will be doing an egr delete when the truck is down with a b&d egr delete kit and i have a GDS Fuel Pressure Spring installed, new 125 amp alternator and 2 new battery's

and by the way guys cd2 engine oil detergent works on injector sticktation

can my predator be used to load custom tunes?
can all this get accomplished?

thanks and i am looking forward to the answers.

ssredrino
Old Wed, September 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

See comments in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssredrino View Post
i have an early build 04 6.0 What is your build date? Do you have a 03 engine?

i loved the way it ran new 200 miles off the lot i got a edge juice platinum with attitude it ran even better QUESTION CAN THIS EDGE BE UPDATED TO THE GRYPHON? No the juice cannot be changed to a gryphon, only the edge evolutions

next i installed 4 inch exhaust and magna-flow muffler from the turbo back, lower egts pulling a 36 foot gooseneck

next after talking with my diesel speed shop i got a predator U7165 programmed the pcm with tow haul and then installed the edge all i can say is dam it ran and pulled no tranny probs shifted nice defueling at 50% and firmer shifts change with power. 65000 miles on it

23mpg 16-18 mph towing

oh **** did it run with power to burn

removed all and went to dealer yes re flashed scheduled maintenance

installed every thing again next trip same setting popped head gasket got it repaired and re flashed and new turbo

never ran the same since 20000 miles later egr cooler popped again all programming out and tow to dealer

once again fixed and re flashed by ford

now it runs but you know loud, long starting, injector buzzz ignition off and ignition on, no power no mater what i do, and 13mpg tops

my pcm hex is vxbc9n2.60
my spare pcm hex from ebay is hex vxbc9n8

part numbers are a match on my pcms

i would like my spare pcm rolled back to original enhanced

and my ficm original enhanced

Should'nt be a problem for either

i would like the slight heat strategy for cold weather starting , my towing program back , my quite idle back more power and my mileage back. All do able when your flashed back

i will be doing an egr delete when the truck is down with a b&d egr delete kit and i have a GDS Fuel Pressure Spring installed, new 125 amp alternator and 2 new battery's

and by the way guys cd2 engine oil detergent works on injector sticktation

can my predator be used to load custom tunes? Not through PHP, You would have to contact Diablo for that.

can all this get accomplished? Yes, decide if your going with remote programming or if your shipping your PCM and FICM in....but remember either will require sometime and your patience

thanks and i am looking forward to the answers.

ssredrino
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Thu, September 30th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Double Whopper

Clap thanks for the reply

Jeremy,

build date 11/03

i can load custom tunes via computer into my predator and than i can reprogram truck with them. but ofcourse i need the tunes?

what does a gryphon cost?

and do you need both pcms? or will a copy of the original backup of my pcm from my predator be sufficient?

i am not sure about 03 or 04 engine the sticker on it says 04 and my icp sensor is in the valve cover passenger side above gcm. so what glow plugs would it take? short or long? lol

i would send both units to you. or all 3 what ever you need.

also am wondering what is the cheapest way to go with for a j 2534 pass through device? i have a copy of ids and would like to use it for diagnostics with no internet or subscription, so there would be no way to lose my new programming.

in the new programming with the egr delete will it throw an egr code or can that be remedied as well with out a custom tune?

outstanding PHP.

ssredrino
Old Thu, September 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Since you have a Nov 03 build your truck would be considered a 04/04. 04 truck, 04 engine. The 04 KR in my signature is a late oct 03 build(04/04). It had the quiet idle and good tow/haul. Its has a PCM tear tag of TBS5 with the hex codes of VXBC3N2,TQBC0NX. I moved that PCM from the KR to my 05 Excursion, since the truck is going to be sold. I wanted to keep the good programming around and its a perfect match to the 05 Excursion. I believe its a 49 state PCM because I do not get a CEL from my EGR delete. I have the PO401 code but no CEL.

They would only need 1 PCM and 1 FICM. Your Predator should work again once you've been flashed back. However custom tunes would have to come from a Diablo dealer not PHP. The Gryphon is priced under the ordering information.

You have a couple of options;

#1 Bill could flash you back and include a modified trans file and a modified engine file for EGR delete(if you don't want a code) so you could continue to run the Juice and not tear the tranny up. That is possible but not really recommended by most. The juice still like to de-fuel and mess with the trans shifts. You still have to have the FICM shipped out or get on the waiting list for the remote programming.

#2 Bill could flash you back and you could use your diablo and juice just like before. I don't think you'll get a CEL from your EGR delete but you will have a code. Bill will be able to tell you if your actual HEX code will work for that. If your PCM's are a TBS5 family like mine then you won't need special programming to keep the light off, but again you will have a code. If you don't want the code then you will need custom tunes and a gryphon. Or program the PCM that way as noted in option 1. You'll still have to have the FICM shipped out or get on the waiting list for the remote programming.

#3 Bill could sell you a gryphon to flash your FICM and then load custom tunes into it. Keep the gryphon as your gauges and programmer with 4 tunes and sell the juice.

Please note if Bill flashes you back to your original code your Diablo should work again, but if he modifies your trans program or turns off the egr in your modified flash....your Diablo probably won't work.

Either way contact Corey or Cody for more ordering information. And remember this can take time, Bill and PHP are extremely busy, it could take a month or two, so again you need to be patient. If your not a patient person then PHP may not be the best choice for you. They are very up front on their lead times, and their popularity make its difficult to keep everyone happy on the time it takes to get you your product. Once you get it though you'll be happy you waited.

I can't help you on your AE questions....prehaps Cody can?
Old Fri, October 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

As far as the IDS is concerned, I can't help you. I'd love to have one but I don't.

Are you interested in "pass-through" like programming capable? If so, you're looking at about $1800 minimum in addition to the required subscriptions that allow the reprogramming.

I have a lot of experience with generic scan tools from OTC and Snap-On. Personally the Genisys from OTC is my favorite, and I have yet to use a Snap-On Verus but I think it would likely take the cake......that's almost $10K though so I won't be using one any time soon. I have AutoEnginuity and it works very well for the price. It uses your existing laptop computer and comes in really handy at times.
Old Sun, October 3rd, 2010, 06:58 AM
Double Whopper

Default edge evolution

my buddy has an evolution for a f150

it is an eef2400
version e3.08 08a
date of man. 12/21/05

could this be upgrades to a gryphon for use on my 04 f250 6.0?
Old Sun, October 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

It depends on the year of truck the F-150 is. If it's an 04-08, then yes.
Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Double Whopper

Default cody check out the mongoose ford

the mongoose ford is a pass through device and will flash ford modules and run with ids,ford vodu and most auto software including elm software. it is made by cardaq and has all functions of the rotunda vcm for ford and the motorcraft website endorses it. retail 500.00

before i found you guys i was looking for some way to get into my trucks modules. as for the subscription why would you want one? ids will not let you go backward in programming. vodu is suppose to?

i have a copy of the ford vodu software if you may be interested? i still need to get a mongoose though. and i may not need it now when i get you guys to to roll me back. but i thought you may be interested in this knowledge.

also the edge evolution f150 is for an 04-08 so if i can talk him out of it reasonable i will. and have you guys update it to a gyphone, it is not the cs/cts but i do not care as long as it works.

i was getting into doing an order for a complete roll back pcm/ficm just sending them to you all but then i was reading about your programmers that you send out so we can program the truck at home.

it looks to me as if you might send out a gryphon to do this?

if this is the case than could it be that a man could buy a gryphon or get his edge updated and at the same time roll back his pcm and ficm and save some down time? if you guys could accomplish this you could sell more gryphons and do a package deal even if a guy had to buy the gryphon put it on his truck and program it and send it back to you with the original back up and let you roll it back or if the person could send you an original back up. along with his need to update his edge or by email? food for thought

i know there might be some thing that makes this not feasible, that i am not aware of, but it would be a faster turnaround for php.
Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Double Whopper

Default ids

i also have a copy of the ids software. both the vodu and ids will run on any laptop.

then buy a mongoose cody and you could have your ids for a lot less man helping man it is a great concept!!!
Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Double Whopper

Shout it Out gryphon

just read that bill can program and reset the gryphon remotly

OUTSTANDING

to much information scattered in the forum lol