Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Sun, April 17th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road
Default Think ive lost power over the winter

Ok heres the deal. Before the winter really started I could set my cruise control on at 75MPH on the highway and go up and down the deciently steep hills from Morehead, KY to Winchester, KY without the RPMS having to kick up to keep the truck moving at 75MPH. Now when I set the cruis control at 75 and I hit some of those hill the RPM's kick up. I havent dont anything to the truck except put more miles on it. Ive kept the oil changed every 3K miles im not due for a transmission flush for another 5K miles. Any ideas guys.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Sun, April 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Have you cleaned all the filters and stuff?

If you are running the custom tunes then the computer is not part of it...I guess you could try unplugging then reconnecting the battery, but I doubt that'll do anything. Just make sure you unplug the gryphon.
Old Sun, April 17th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Ive changed the filter in the K@N (I bought an extra filter so I dont have to wait an extra day while the other one dries). what other things might need to be cleaned.

I didnt think it would be the computer, but it just seemed a little wierd to me.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Sun, April 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Forum Predator

Cleaning the throttle body might help. Also look at your maintenance log for when you last replaced the fuel filter. Supposed to do that every 15K. I noticed my truck got quite a bit faster after I changed that out. The filter was absolutely disgusting, I dont know how it even ran.
Old Sun, April 17th, 2011, 09:22 PM

How easy is it to change out the fuel filter. Is it something a novice person like myself can do. Is there an article on how to specifically clean the throttle body and what stuff do you use. Im sure you have to becareful on how you do it and what you use.

Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

The fuel filter in the 09-10s (and probably 11s) is not user serviceable (it's in the tank).

Unless you over oiled your K&N, your MAF and throttle body shouldn't need to be cleaned.

I'd suspect winter blend gas is still being sold in your area or maybe there's more alcohol content (E10).

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
The fuel filter in the 09-10s (and probably 11s) is not user serviceable (it's in the tank).

Unless you over oiled your K&N, your MAF and throttle body shouldn't need to be cleaned.

I'd suspect winter blend gas is still being sold in your area or maybe there's more alcohol content (E10).
I didn't know about the fuel filter, that is a bummer. When do they say to bring it in?

Probably got one fill of summer gas then stumbled onto another fill of winter gas.
Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 04:41 PM

I was actually at the gas station today and noticed it said 10% ethanol content. I was actually looking because it was mentioned on another forum. would it be worth me getting my tunes redone to accomidate the 10% ethanol mix. I didnt mention it when bill did my tunes. Or does he normally take that into consideration.

Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Forum Predator

I think there was a government mandate that all gasoline had to be at least E10 by a certain year so Bill has been writing them to accommodate for it. Since these engine are low compression, however, there isn't much that needs to be accommodated for.