Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, April 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road
Default What does "No Start" setting do

Expanding my knowledge a little bit and trying to help someone else out. What exactly does the "No Start" setting do to keep the truck from starting?

Also, is a "stock" setting a blank space on the chip....or is it a stock tune on the chip. I think it's a open slot with no tune..but just want to make sure.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Wed, April 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road

My buddy's 6.0 just got stolen at the boat ramp. Took his truck and trailer for a joy ride. All 4 tires were brand new now there bald. Totally bent his front steering and messed up the axle. Emagine the wear on his engine and tranny and transfer from the 4 wheel burnouts. If he had the no start tune they would have messed up his dash and probably ripped of the stereo because it wouldn't start. The insurance company is going to fix it instead of replacing his truck when the truck is clearly totaled he's getting an attorney.

Haha there a true good story for you :-) no start tune could save your truck one day.
Old Wed, April 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
God & Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowers777 View Post
My buddy's 6.0 just got stolen at the boat ramp. Took his truck and trailer for a joy ride. All 4 tires were brand new now there bald. Totally bent his front steering and messed up the axle. Emagine the wear on his engine and tranny and transfer from the 4 wheel burnouts. If he had the no start tune they would have messed up his dash and probably ripped of the stereo because it wouldn't start. The insurance company is going to fix it instead of replacing his truck when the truck is clearly totaled he's getting an attorney.

Haha there a true good story for you :-) no start tune could save your truck one day.
I had no start at one point, never used it. I figured there's a pretty good chance that they would see the knob.."wonder what this does....flip"
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Wed, April 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

If a position on the chip is left blank, the engine will crank and crank and crank and crank. If it's already running and switched to a blank position, the truck will die. No questions asked. Stock is a stock binary on an allocated chip position. It has to be. Think about it this way: All of the "just installed my Phoenix and now it won't start" threads are because the chip is basically running "blank" because all/some of the address lines on the J3 traces aren't making contact.

As for the no-start....
Most places do it differently and I'm not at liberty to give out any specifics on ours.
Old Thu, April 5th, 2012, 08:17 AM
God & Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
If a position on the chip is left blank, the engine will crank and crank and crank and crank. If it's already running and switched to a blank position, the truck will die. No questions asked. Stock is a stock binary on an allocated chip position. It has to be. Think about it this way: All of the "just installed my Phoenix and now it won't start" threads are because the chip is basically running "blank" because all/some of the address lines on the J3 traces aren't making contact.

As for the no-start....
Most places do it differently and I'm not at liberty to give out any specifics on ours.
Thanks Cody. This person I'm trying to help out has the Phoenix. He can start the truck. His problem is long starts and and loping when coming to a stop then idling back up. I think his issue lies with oil pressure. He took his truck into a shop and they told him the IDM was shot. Not being the issue, just "so happens" the IDM went out after going into the shop. They replaced the IDM and got him up and going again, but still having the original issue. He was wondering if the no start interacted directly with the IDM. I'll relay the messag...thanks again.

Last edited by rammertide07; Thu, April 5th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.