Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Whopper

btownford is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon Won't work

This is a copy of the email that I sent Bill. I know PHP is extremely busy so I figured I'd post on here to see what you guys think.

I do not know how much of this is relevant but i'll give you my complete history with you guys! I originally had an Edge Programmer that you guys turned into your Gryphon and wrote custom tunes for probably 3-4 years ago. About a year after that i had to replace the motor in my F-150 and then my hex code changed therefore my Custom Tunes were invalid. So i loaded canned tunes and used them for about 2-3 years. Couple months ago I returned my truck back to stock and drove for about a month with it ( i dont remember the exact reason i did but i did). And now when I plug the gryphon up to my truck's port all i get is the backlight that comes on. And when i hook the programmer up to my computer via USB, nothing happens. I hear the audible noise that my computer acknowledges I hooked up the USB port but Pegasus doesn't recognize it. I get the error message that it must be in run mode, stock writer, or memory corrupt. And when i attempt to restore the gryphon, it requires a password. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Ive got a 2005 F-150 with 5.4L 3v approx 101K miles
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Drew,

First, make sure you are running at least v2.02.0994 of Pegasus. If not, download and reinstall the application from here:

http://www.gopowerhungry.com/pegasus...v2_02_0994.exe

Connect device to USB. Run Pegasus. Ignore and close the Error message. Go to [Updates] -> [Custom File Download (Internet)]. That should be it. If you have any further issue, please let me know and I'll give you a shout so we can walk through it.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Whopper

I did as you told me, downloaded from the link and then when attempting to run Update Custom file download internet i get an error: "Page not found".

"Unable to locate a Target Instruction file. Process failed

Update failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance."

The firewall is open as well
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

What is the serial number from the device as it appears in the lower right corner of Pegasus?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Whopper

Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM

One more question... Does it show Type 2 or Type 3 on the bottom left?

(678) 890-1110

Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Whopper

Type 2
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM

Try the download again.

(678) 890-1110

Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Whopper

"Unable to determine the current program state (level) of the unit."
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM

If you don't mind, I'd like to do a remote desktop. Please go to [Help] -> [Remote Desktop] and I can get the file reloaded from here.

(678) 890-1110