Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, September 20th, 2012, 01:33 PM
tmsbandman

tmsbandman is on a distinguished road

Ahh... Makes sense. Will study it some more tonight. Thanks again.
Old Tue, September 25th, 2012, 05:51 AM
truck # 3

60DRB is on a distinguished road

MPG is all about driving habits. The headwind is an aerodynamic issue (drag) and definately makes a difference. With my 2006 4.6 4x4 SCAB 6.5' bed at about 200' MSL, I find I get the best mileage at an effective 55-60 mph (accounting for any/no headwind). About 19 mpg if traffic cooperates. Increase speed above 65 mph and mpg drops about 3-4. Add a light trailor and the road friction (extra tires) comes into play-drop 2 mpg. Sitting at lights in town traffic...is like pouring gas onto the road while idling. Makes me want to scream as mpg drops to around 9-10. Strangely (or maybe not) my truck responds best to moderate acceleration to cruise speed rather that a slow acceleration. This is using the canned 87 tow tune.

I drove a friends 2005 5.4 2wd SCAB 5.5' bed this summer at higher elevations, (2000-4800' MSL) and saw very similar results. No tuner on his truck and it felt like a wallowing pig compared to mine.

I also tried running a three consecutive tanks of no-ethanol gas as an experiment. Despite theory on energy potentials of ethanol blend vs pure gas, my actual results showed no difference whatsoever in my mpg.

Tags
advance, timing