Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, January 24th, 2022, 03:21 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Ready for studs and reassembly. Then install.

Next question: x code or v code springs. I have both but the rear already sits where I like it and I think the x codes might be too high. Have to see I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220124_141504.jpg (908.6 KB, 8 views)
Old Mon, January 24th, 2022, 03:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You get into the weirdest stuff, dude!

At least you have fun passing the hours.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, January 24th, 2022, 06:32 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

If Ford didn't engineer such horrible IFS, I wouldn't have to fix it.

Old Wed, January 26th, 2022, 07:26 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
If Ford didn't engineer such horrible IFS, I wouldn't have to fix it.

Ain't THAT the truth!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Sat, January 29th, 2022, 06:18 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Had a spare day.

The front track width is now identical to the rear (2012) without having to utilize aluminum spacers. It stops on a dime with the larger rotors and believe it or not, it rides TONS better than the coils....it doesn't hop and dive or jump around anymore. Oh, and the alignment stays constant now.

I went with the 5,200 lbs. V-code springs in the front instead of the X-codes that are rated for 6,000 lbs. and tend to lift it another 1.5". I might find some Excursion springs and get it just a little lower in the front as it sits level now but I don't want to rely on the airbags to level it out with a little bit of weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220129_160248.jpg (919.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20220129_160422.jpg (1.06 MB, 6 views)
Old Tue, February 15th, 2022, 06:57 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I bought another pickup while STILL WAITING for the 99 7.3 to show up.

1989 F350 crewcab with a *GASP* 460 and a 5-speed. It's not a total basketcase but the purchase price of $1400 should be a clue that it needs some work. I can sell the D60 front axle for what I paid for the entire vehicle if needed but I might keep it and save the nice diesels from winter's deicer-induced rusting fate and low temperatures.

I'll get it home this week sometime. The guy I bought it from thought it needed a water pump...that turned into a front cover job......that turned into an oil pan reseal.......that became a pile of engine parts that forgot how to go back together. Works for me!
Old Wed, February 16th, 2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I bought another pickup while STILL WAITING for the 99 7.3 to show up.

1989 F350 crewcab with a *GASP* 460 and a 5-speed. It's not a total basketcase but the purchase price of $1400 should be a clue that it needs some work. I can sell the D60 front axle for what I paid for the entire vehicle if needed but I might keep it and save the nice diesels from winter's deicer-induced rusting fate and low temperatures.

I'll get it home this week sometime. The guy I bought it from thought it needed a water pump...that turned into a front cover job......that turned into an oil pan reseal.......that became a pile of engine parts that forgot how to go back together. Works for me!
Do you ever sleep?

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, February 17th, 2022, 10:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Yeah, from 8-5 every night.

If I'm not making money, the IRS ain't taking it. I afford myself time to do what I want to do.
Old Thu, March 3rd, 2022, 07:10 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Here's the ugly 460-powered pickup....on the trailer on Wednesday. It's still there until I go to the salvage joint and find some parts - steering column being the most important right now. Pardon the security camera footage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220303-180701_Lorex Cirrus.jpg (491.2 KB, 5 views)