Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, April 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Lowdown89 is on a distinguished road

The valves got pretty ate up to, I had bought 2 other sets of heads so hopefully the machine shop can make something out of all the parts.... I can't say enough to bill and brad and Cody, I'm sure they will be tired of messing with my junk soon lol... At least I know when it's back together it's going to run like it's supposed to!
Old Tue, April 5th, 2011, 09:21 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

At least your new engine will have forged rods instead of PMRs.

My big hang-up at the moment revolves around the kind of usage that spare short block you brought in has seen in it's remanufactured life.......

All of the second compression rings were stuck, two of the pistons had broken ring lands, and the cylinder walls were flat WORN OUT.
Old Tue, April 5th, 2011, 09:33 AM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Yeah I guess that's what I get for trusting somebody who sold me a engine that " just" had a few bad injectors.... Sorry y'all had to tear that engine down for no reason pretty much
Old Tue, April 5th, 2011, 09:59 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

That's ok. We needed the rods out of it for your engine.
Old Tue, April 5th, 2011, 10:37 AM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Between all the parts that are tore up I will have a halfway decent scrap pile to haul off lol.... I have been looking at pistons, what do you thnk about the Mahle pistons Im not trying to break thief bank but those or a set from hypermax seem to be the best that are still halfway decent price wise... I just want to make sure whatever goes back in is going to last
Old Tue, April 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

And I mean the stock style replacement pistons not the uber expensive custom ones..... Lol
Old Fri, April 29th, 2011, 02:28 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

ok guys so the engine is going back together and bill sent me some pictures last night, i cant say enough about how much i appreciate all the hard work bill, cody and brad have put into my truck... it started as just a simple head stud and and some upgrades into a complete engine rebuild.... anyway here are some pictures